Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Car licence plates

tonicWater
#1 · Posted: 20 Feb 2005 21:19
I think that when i get a car my plate will read . . .
TINTIN
!
--
[Edited by Moderator: fixed text formatting.]
snafu
#2 · Posted: 21 Feb 2005 04:18
It's much more expensive and difficult to get a plate like that...

As Tintin mentioned in one of the episodes ("Prisoners of the Sun", I think): "'Easier said than done!'"
Richard
UK Correspondent
#3 · Posted: 21 Feb 2005 20:00
You could try 71N71N, or even M1LOU ...
Clopin
#4 · Posted: 21 May 2005 18:41
Tintin and L33T5P34K! Can get no better! :3
finlay
#5 · Posted: 22 May 2005 17:17
These are very expensive in themselves, are they not? And surely someone else'll have already had your bright idea?
jock123
#6 · Posted: 23 May 2005 09:44
finlay
These are very expensive in themselves, are they not?p
Well I suppose it depends what country these folks are in - it may not be expensive at all where they are…

And surely someone else'll have already had your bright idea?
Some people see the bottle half empty, some half full! If everyone assumed that the idea was already gone, we wouldn’t have progress… ;-)

Clopin
Tintin and L33T5P34K

Call me old fashioned, but personally that made me shudder (it also took me ages to work out what you young whippersnappers were on about…)! Anyway, isn’t the whole “point” of “leetspeak” to use fewer characters, not exactly the same number as you would have if you wrote it normally - a little ironic that it isn’t shortened… ;-)
tybaltstone
#7 · Posted: 23 May 2005 10:52
"Tintin and L33T5P34K!"

This one is lost on me... I like M1L0U, Richard.
jock123
#8 · Posted: 23 May 2005 13:52
tybaltstone
"Tintin and L33T5P34K!"

This one is lost on me...

Ah, another oldie shuffles along the halls of the message board, confused by the youngsters…!

I eventually deciphered that “L33T5P34K” stands for “leetspeak”, sometimes just “leet”, a clique-y way for some net users to show their “in-ness”. There is an article on it here.
I also apologise for my previous comment, as from further reading the above article, I see that some users hold that words should be spelled “correctly”, and not shortened, à la “gr8”=great.

Still looks like waaaay too much bother to do, to my old eyes…

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!