Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin: Photojournalist or journalist?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Harrock n roll
#11 · Posted: 22 Feb 2005 15:49
yamilah:
Soviets, with its initial statement that "all photographs are absolutely authentic

It wasn't until I read the first panel of Soviets that I realised there was a reference to photo-journalism.
But a photojournalist would go on an assignment exclusively to take photos, whereas Tintin actually writes a story while there - so, a journalist who occasionally took a few photos?

Don't forget in Land of Black Gold he interviews the director of Speedol.
Karaboudjan
#12 · Posted: 25 Feb 2005 17:25
I always assumed the books were his reports too. Certainly that's how the sheikh Patrash Pasha (not sure of spelling) recognises him when he's brought to his tent.
snafu
#13 · Posted: 25 Feb 2005 19:42
After Tintin in America, Tintin does not work for any paper since he does not take any pictures nor writes any report for a news service.
In Tintin in Tibet, however, Tintin was ready to photograph the flying priest and the abominable snowman, but those were for the general public, and were not part of any photo-essay of a newspaper or magazine.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!