Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Calculus Affair: "Le Journal Tintin" - The "Out Of Synch" Affair...?

jock123
#1 · Posted: 23 Feb 2005 16:54
On Objectif Tintin they mention the facsimile of The Calculus Affair. They add the following:

Cette aventure de Tintin est parue dans le journal Tintin à partir de fin 54 en Belgique et de février 55 en France.

(This Tintin adventure appeared in the [i]Tintin magazine from the end of 1954 in Belgium, and from February 1955 in France.[/i])

I think that this is the first time I have seen that the French and Belgian editions didn't run in tandem, which I nïavely assumed that they had.

Was this time-lag always the case, does anyone know, or were there times when the publication of the strip was simultaneous?
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#2 · Posted: 23 Feb 2005 17:19
Yes I think there nearly always was a lag of a few months between the Belgian and French editions of Tintin magazine. It's annoying not having sources with me at the moment to check though. I don't think the gap was ever more than a year.

Also of note is that there were usually fairly significant lags between Belgian publication in Le Petit Vingtiéme and their French equivalent in Cœurs Valliants.

Ed
jock123
#3 · Posted: 23 Feb 2005 20:25
Thanks for that, Ed! I feel that I am bettter informed!
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#4 · Posted: 24 Feb 2005 20:16
Whereas the Belgian edition started in 1946, the French version didn't start until 1948 - but does this mean that the Tintin stories continued at exactly the same pace as those in Belgium, or that they were moved forward in France to fill up Hergé's prolonged absences?
In the second scenario you'd expect them to have synchronised by 1955, as Hergé was repeatedly away between 1947-54.

Ed

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!