Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Quick question for new members...

jock123
#1 · Posted: 23 Jan 2005 00:10
I’m just being nosey here, but I notice that between the 22nd of December and the 22nd of January, there have been (about) 50 new members joined the forum, which seems to be quite an influx in a very short time.

Now obviously the very fact of membership is an indication that you are people of taste, distinction - in fact that you are member of the elite - and tintinologist.org is the badge you wear to prove it. But what made you sign up just now?

I find it interesting because we have just left behind the 75th year, yet the enthusiasm (if membership stats are an indication of that) remains undeminished, or in fact has increased.

So, please, all you new folk, step forward (especially if you haven’t yet found your voice on the board) and let us know, what got you to join? I know there is an “introduce yourself” thread, but I am specifically trying to find out if there is a new outbreak of Tintinophilia, and if so, what was its cause?

Was there a report in the press or on TV which revived the long-dormant fan? Did you get a Tintin book or souvenir at Christmas? Was it a New Year’s resolution? Did you decide to give up your life of crime and turn to good? Explain yourselves, do! Oh, and welcome aboard!
IC_Oz
#2 · Posted: 24 Jan 2005 04:41
Hello, this is my first post here.

Not really a new outbreak of Tintinophilia but finally decided to register after a while. Have been trying to come up with a meaningful logon name (Tintin related) over the past few months but most of them have been taken up already, hence IC being my initial and OZ for Australia.
JuvenileTintinFan
#3 · Posted: 25 Jan 2005 08:54
Well, I have loved Tintin comics for years, but I'm not often on the Web! When I found this site, I signed up immediately.

--JFT
snafu
#4 · Posted: 25 Feb 2005 02:27
This is actually my 50th posting on this site. I've always enjoyed Tintin since first seeing the books in 1993, when I was only 7. By 2003, I got increased but still modest access to the Internet, and began to look at Tintin-related websites, and found even more reasons to like Tintin. I talked more and more about Tintin, even describing it as my favorite set of books. I have only relatively recently had good enough access to the Internet in order to post stuff online. I decided to register immediately after browsing through the forums.
rue du labrador
#5 · Posted: 5 Dec 2005 18:19
found it decided it was time to join. simply!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!