Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin: Term paper on Hergé, Tintin & Politics

atintinprocrastinator
#1 · Posted: 25 Feb 2005 08:09
Fellow Tintin enthusiasts,
What better term paper topic is there than Tintin and Herge's political agenda? My point exactly. I'm a second year university student in California looking for a thesis having to do with Nazism, Fascism, and Tintin. Can anybody point me in a direction? I need information on Herge's political views, his target audience, the distribution of his work, etc. Anything will help. Thanks!
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 25 Feb 2005 13:54
If you're looking for stuff online you could read an article on this site In Defence of Hergé written by our very own Garen Ewing.

May I also recommend an article Tintin in the Dock by Tim Judah. It's an edited version of an article which was originally published in the Guardian Weekend supplement back in 1999 and well worth a read.

Good luck with your paper!
snafu
#3 · Posted: 26 Feb 2005 17:42
Good luck with your paper! It should be very interesting. When I read stuff about the parallels between Tintin and the real world, I never saw Tintin the same way again...hopefully your professor will become a true Tintin fan after reading your work!
Seger
#4 · Posted: 14 Mar 2005 19:42
How reliable is the information in "Tintin in the dock"? It mentions a number of things which I haven´t heard about earlier. There is a lot of information about Hergés actions during and after WWII which I haven´t been able to track down anywhere else.
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#5 · Posted: 14 Mar 2005 20:46
The article is fairly heavily based on Pierre Assouline's 1996 book "Hergé", which was billed as the most revealing biography to date at the time. However certain things in the book have since been disputed - so as for how reliable the facts in the article are, the jury's still out I'm afraid. But Assouline is a competent biographer, and his book was written with the co-operation of the Hergé Foundation, which may give some bearing on the credibility of his claims.

Ed
Karaboudjan
#6 · Posted: 12 Apr 2005 19:22
Why can't I get term papers like this? All mine seem to be about stylistically analysing Sylvia Plath!

*mopes*

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!