Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

[Locked] "Unicorn" Movie: News and general discussion

Page  Page 2 of 65:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  62  63  64  65  Next » 

Martine
#11 · Posted: 16 Oct 2004 21:37
Yes, I know what you guys mean; I too think that it'll be more like Indiana Jones. I just didn't want anybody to tag Spielberg as a rigid director who only made one type of movie/used the same elements all the time.
I think (I hope) his approach will be adventurours enough to fill the theaters, but serious enough not to be the laughing stock of the community.
thmthm
#12 · Posted: 17 Jan 2005 20:35
I just saw "A very Long Engagement" - it was incredibly beautiful, I hope that if theres ever a tintin movie made,it would have this feel The ultimate Producer/director team on this would be Spielberg/Jeunet.
thmthm
#13 · Posted: 24 Jan 2005 22:15
So apparently Indiana Jones IV (I cant believe they're making this) is scheduled to come out in 2006 - and of course, keeping in mind the parallels that have been drawn between I.J and tintin from Spielberg, it seems logical that despite all the "buzz", tintin is going to be neatly folded and put back in the closet for who knows how long...
jock123
#14 · Posted: 24 Jan 2005 22:54
Well, Mr. Spielberg has been pursuing the rights for 20-some years, so it isn’t that he isn’t keen; if it has to wait a couple of years more, that’s not so bad. He will have a slate of films in the pipe-line, and no doubt it will fall somewhere into the waiting-list to be dealt with in due course.

Added to which, the fact that Indy IV was also scheduled for ’04 and ’05 and now is kicked into touch for ’06, makes it possible that we’ll see Tintin I, II and III first…
Madamluna
#15 · Posted: 27 Feb 2005 12:01
Um, this isn't Spielberg-related, but I thought it oughta belong here instead of making a new thread for it.

Has anyone here seen Hayao Miyazaki's movies? One of them in particular, Porco Rosso, had a style that really stuck with me and my dad, and we both came to the conclusion that Miyazaki could probably animate a great Tintin movie. Porco Rosso's full of those grand sweeping panoramic shots of the Adriatic landscape and ocean, and the city scenes have a huge amount of detail and realism to them. Miyazaki's way of animating characters could also fit well, too--although it's anime, distinctly so, the way he draws his characters allows each of their personalities to be reflected in their image.
cuthbert
#16 · Posted: 27 Feb 2005 12:41
I completely agree, I only know Spirited Away, but the way he uses colour and how he animates the characters would be perfect for Tintin! He could do a great Blue Lotus!! Jeez, it would be mega...
MoonRocket
#17 · Posted: 27 Feb 2005 18:21
I second that!!! Blue Lotus would be a grand animated movie! They messed it up in the Nelvana series, but if they stuck to the plot in an animated remake it would be worth seeing several times.
snafu
#18 · Posted: 27 Feb 2005 19:19
I don't know if a one-hour movie does even one episode of Tintin justice; in November 2003 I saw an animated version of "The Black Island" that was no more than an hour long, and it was very different from the actual story. The actual story had so many fast-paced dialogues and so many more intense scenes...I wasn't excited about all the chase scenes...

A movie should last between 1,5 to 2 hours. That way, all the dialogue and intricate developments could be displayed in its entirety
gnolles
#19 · Posted: 29 Mar 2005 09:53
I do hate all Tintin cartoons and films for two reasons:
1. Our heroes don't have the same voice as in the books.
2. They dont move at the same speed as in the strips.
Moreover, can you imagine a Hollywood movie, with Haddock not being allowed to drink and smoke... Horror!
Maybe a Bollywood production could be interesting, with a beautiful Indian singer playing the role of the Castafiore...
snafu
#20 · Posted: 29 Mar 2005 14:14
I agree with your points, Gnolles!

I first saw a Tintin cartoon in November 2003 ("The Black Island"), 10 and a half years after reading the first Tintin book ("Red Rackham's Treasure" sometime during the spring of 1993) and 9 and a half years after first reading "The Black Island" (some time during the spring of 1994). Much to my disappointment, the cartoon was nothing like the book...the spirit of Tintin in the original print was so badly lost that I decided it was not worth watching another Tintin cartoon... : (

Page  Page 2 of 65:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  62  63  64  65  Next » 

This topic is closed.