Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin Adventure Game?

jockosjungle
#1 · Posted: 1 Feb 2005 18:58
I've just been playing around with a new program called The Adventure Game Studio, it lets you design and build your own adventure game much in the style of the old Lucasarts ones like Monkey Island.

Does anyone else think that Tintin would have been much better used in a game similar to the Monkey Island games than in a platformer?

Rik
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 2 Feb 2005 00:17
I think the game should be a 3D mystery adventure game much like Lucasarts "Grim Fandango" but with elements of driving games (car chases), first person shooters (shootouts - but only if completly necessary) but mostly following the same premise as the Broken Sword series (without the 2d graphics, maybe some point and click action to find clues, evidence etc).
rastapopoulos
#3 · Posted: 2 Feb 2005 09:23
I am a big Adventure (point and click) games fan, and I have always thought this too. Tintin would make an excellent adventure game. license leased platform games are always the same - boring. I've just finished the new sherlock holmes game - why dont they do Tintin! Lets start a petition.
jockosjungle
#4 · Posted: 2 Feb 2005 10:20
I'm a massive adventure game fan myself, by far my favourite genre.
I'm getting into this AGS maker and I think I might give it a go by turning Red Rackham's Treasure into a game. I'm only choosing it because I had a good idea for an opening puzzle.

Rik
jock123
#5 · Posted: 2 Feb 2005 10:31
Did anyone ever play the “Blade Runner” game? I’m not a big games player, but that really held my attention; something like that might work for Tintin - it mixed observation, investigation, detection and mystery with a good story, great graphics, and a nice playing environment. Plus you could alter parameters - such as how polite you were when questioning people - to vary the response you got; this, together with a number of branching plot-lines, meant that the game didn’t always finish in the same way, which is another plus.

The question remains, however, whether the creation of a new game scenario, with a proper story, would be allowed. Adapting an existing story has the problem that we know who the baddies are, what the tricks are (“Hey! Let’s use the meridian through Paris!!”) etc.

It may be possible to do an adventure game themed round the new movies, I suppose, and in fact I wouldn’t be surprised if a tie-in game isn’t a pre-requisite of getting money to do them. I read a thing with Gerry Anderson about developing his new CGI Captain Scarlet series, currently the most expensive children-/ family-oriented series ever produced for UK TV apparently (and starting Saturday the 12th Feb, on ITV1, at 09:30, FAB-fans!), and the projected revenue from a possible game was a big factor in getting the green light.
rastapopoulos
#6 · Posted: 2 Feb 2005 11:24
The problem with movie tie-in games is that the are usually poorly made and poorly thought out. They seem to be a franchise, and the games are sold on the name of the movie and not the content. I have found they are 'knocked-up' to coinside with the movie released.
I would say Bladerunner is an exection, the game is fantastic. As it came out well after the movie release it was well planned and based on bladerunner as the movie is a cult classic, rather than as a marketing tool to sell games on the bladerunner name.
snafu
#7 · Posted: 28 Feb 2005 03:26
I'm not obsessed about games, but there should be more Tintin-related games on the Internet, which would be more accessible to everyone (and no need for the extra hardware needed to get a computer running). What a great idea!
dipsyn
#8 · Posted: 9 May 2005 02:54
I have not seen the game yet but i think it should be accessible to
everybody through the Internet.......I would love to play...yeah

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!