Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

The One Hundred Greatest Cartoons

Page  Page 6 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 

finlay
#51 · Posted: 3 Mar 2005 22:11
That Tintin bit sucked.
You've basically just said it.
There was this French woman who made the main comments about the Nazi thing (which is just rubbish, as we all fine well know), and so I hate her. I have no idea who she was, either.

edit; you know, I actually feel like complaining to channel 4... they have forums, right?

[Edited by moderator: racially offensive comments will NOT be tolerated Finlay!]
Karaboudjan
#52 · Posted: 6 Mar 2005 18:34
I have to say I'm getting increasingly irate by this 'Herge was a Nazi/collaborator' nonsense.

Yes, he made a mistake. It was a foolish one, but he had a living to earn, just like anyone else.

Some of his portrayals/views are questionable- he consistently shows Africans as gullible, it's difficult not to shudder at Mr Bohlwinkel (especially if you're Jewish), the Captain himself is less than enlightened ("Arrest that Negro!") and so on.

But having everyone parrot, as though it's fact, that Tintin is a Nazi, is not only wrong, it is slanderous. It taints the good name of a character who always stood up against fascism, always supported the underdog. Anyone who accuses Herge of fascist tendencies should read 'King Ottokar's Sceptre'. And before the far left claim him for their own, read 'Tintin and the Picaros' too.

*blushes*

I'll step down from my soap box now.
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#53 · Posted: 6 Mar 2005 21:34
I quite agree, Karaboudjan - the Nazi collaboration issue has been brought up in the media far too many times, it's very annoying to see it happening again, as it's been disproven so many times before. The real problem is that the accusers don't actually know enough about the books to pass judgement on Tintin - the just jump on the 'Tintin=Nazi' bandwagon !
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#54 · Posted: 9 Apr 2005 20:01
I've just discovered that there were several cartoons featured on the show despite not being nominated ! :o< They were :

• Foghorn Leghorn
• Mr. Magoo
• Pepe le Pew
• Sylvester and Tweetie Pie

Which to be honest, doesn't surprise me, as the whole thing was one almighty fiasco from start to finish.

Page  Page 6 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!