Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Lake of Shark: UK DVD release?

Bobby Smiles
#1 · Posted: 5 Mar 2005 20:43
New to the forums, so hello.

Wish I had kept all my books now, my daughter is discovering Tintin now, I bought the books new for 65p, now they are £6.99, same story, same pictures, but I am waffling on…

What I want to know is when is The Lake of Sharks going to be released in the UK on DVD?
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 6 Mar 2005 22:49
First of all, welcome to the forums !

Afraid I can't help on the UK DVD release, although you could get the French one from Amazon.fr - it has an English-language track on it, plus is R2 so it'll play over here.
jockosjungle
#3 · Posted: 7 Mar 2005 08:57
Welcome Bobby!

I was just looking at my old Tintin books and I thought inflation was high because they all said £2.25 on the back!

There is no UK DVD release for The Lake of Sharks, although it is out in Canada on R1, and on R2 in France as Richard said.

However although both have an English soundtrack the writing is all in French and the R1 has a very poor picture quality.

If you have a multi-region player the Australian R4 might be something to go for!

Better transfer, and all English!

Rik
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#4 · Posted: 7 Mar 2005 18:11
I own the French release; and I thoroughly recommend it - no problems with the soundtrack whatsoever, and the picture quality is probably the best there is. Haven't tried the Australian R4 disc though, but if it's R2 you're after, then this is the way to go.
Peveus
#5 · Posted: 16 Mar 2005 13:27
I have the Australian Region 4 version and it's fine. The only problem I have is the voices. Ugh! I grew up with the 1992 Canadian series so uhh... Haddock the Popeye is weird as all heck!

And Snowy is a real dog barking!
SingingGandalf
#6 · Posted: 26 Apr 2006 16:43
Just to update, Lake of Sharks has just been released in the UK on DVD, as of 2006, in a 3-part boxed set.

Here is it for sale on Amazon.
tybaltstone
#7 · Posted: 26 Apr 2006 18:56
SingingGandalf:
Lake of Sharks has just been released in the UK on DVD

That's a shame. I hope it doesn't put anyone off trying the books… ;-)

Also, how can a single film come in a boxed set? DVD marketing is potty.

There are still discs being released that claim interactive menus are a special feature…

Moderator Note: There there, Garen – the nurse will bring you your warm milk soon… ;-)

It is of course just one of three animated movies in the box.

The Helpful Tintinologist Team

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!