Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Hergé: Rare English-language books

Page  Page 4 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

OJG
#31 · Posted: 7 Mar 2005 21:34
Only a very minor point, but the Harrap dictionaries are not only available in English/French. I've seen the English/Spanish one and I think there is an English/German one too. Possibly others as well.
jockosjungle
#32 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 09:50
Cheers Moonrocket! Was able to pick up the Explorers Popup book for £3.75!

Rik
MoonRocket
#33 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 13:58
Great job! I know that thing is tough to find in the U.S.!
jockosjungle
#34 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 14:30
Never even seen it here in England.

Also managed to order a good number of the rare books from my local library!

Also found out about another book "The Tintin Colouring Book" released in 1990, i image one of those that hasn't been scribbled in would be quite valuable

Rik
OJG
#35 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 16:59
There are alot of what I imagine are fairly rare books at the Tintin Store

My local Ottakar's has the sticker books, or at least 3 out of 5 of them (Tintin en mer, Tintin à Moulinsart, Tintin et les animaux). There are also Tintin et le Yéti and Tintin dans l'espace.
jockosjungle
#36 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 17:54
I only see The Little Books of Peril and Travel? The rest are all French language releases :(

Anyone got these two little books?

Rik
OJG
#37 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 19:18
Apologies, Rik. I forgot that we're only talking English language books. Though I do think they have quite a few there.
jockosjungle
#38 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 19:40
I was gonna order a couple of them as well, until i got to the checkout and saw that shipping two 5 euro books cost 17 euros

Rik
OJG
#39 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 20:40
I was gonna order a couple of them as well, until i got to the checkout and saw that shipping two 5 euro books cost 17 euros

You should see Il etait une fois.com!!
Richard
UK Correspondent
#40 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 20:56
Ah yes, I remember them - I bought the plaster-casting set a few years back, and postage was around £15 !

Page  Page 4 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!