Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

The Rainbow Orchid

Page  Page 5 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

tybaltstone
#41 · Posted: 25 Nov 2004 23:37
Well... now there really is only one left (I did have 14 spare when I put the sold out sign on the website, but they are gone now thanks to requests from the more persistent!).

So the last one is up on bay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2289077371

All the best -
Garen.
jock123
#42 · Posted: 6 Dec 2004 08:00
Well done to whoever got the bundle in the end! I was pipped for it (if more than twice my maximum can really be said to constitute a pip!) in a flurry of last minute bidding!

And well done to Garen! Tell me, are there any more of the yellow booklets available?
tybaltstone
#43 · Posted: 6 Dec 2004 13:07
I was out seeing 'The Incredibles' (recommended!) when the bidding ended, so returned to see a good auction. Thanks to anyone who bid, including yourself jock123, and a certain Kingkandy who started things early for me!

I have 4 of the yellow booklets left (only copied 10). Email me to reserve one, and then I'll reply with instructions (free, just an SAE asked for).

email through: www.garenewing.co.uk/ind_email.html

Thanks again!
- Garen.
tybaltstone
#44 · Posted: 9 Mar 2005 14:28
Hope no one minds me putting a little Rainbow Orchid news up, as it has been so nicely supported by some of the forum members here...

The website has been updated - well, completely changed actually! As well as new content and new design, you can now read The Rainbow Orchid online. For those who have been patiently waiting for part two to arrive, episode 1 is free to read, along with episode 1 of part one - for those who want to give the story a try.

The Orchid site won't be 'officially launched' for a few weeks yet, you're getting a preview. I am awaiting the completion of a house purchase (fingers crossed), and along with all the work I have at the moment, it is keeping things somewhat stalled. A lot of very late nights went into the website! But hang on as there's some good stuff coming up...

www.rainboworchid.co.uk (or www.inkytales.co.uk/rainboworchid/ if the domain forwarding hasn't completed yet.)

Thanks, and all the best
- Garen.
jockosjungle
#45 · Posted: 9 Mar 2005 21:24
Looks good so far! Going to reread the first part before I properly read the second though. Are you going to publish the second part?

Rik
Richard
UK Correspondent
#46 · Posted: 9 Mar 2005 22:10
Same here, I'm going to settle down tonight and read all of part one so I can move right into the second part smoothly - I've really been looking forward to it. Well done on the website, and good luck with the house purchase !
Tintinrulz
#47 · Posted: 9 Mar 2005 23:45
In the near future is there possibly going to be both parts of The Rainbow Orchid contained within one volume? That would work.
tybaltstone
#48 · Posted: 10 Mar 2005 00:19
Cheers for the comments - thanks. In answer to the questions about publication, yes - part two will be printed when finished, and at the very end all three parts will be printed as one volume (hopefully square-bound).
Richard
UK Correspondent
#49 · Posted: 10 Mar 2005 00:31
That would be great - if the colour version does get realised, it would be absolutely brilliant, and I'd be first in line for a copy ! I'm guessing that the start-up costs of printing a colour version would be considerable, but we can always hope - it's a superb work, and most definitely deserves to be seen in glorious full-colour.
Tintinrulz
#50 · Posted: 10 Mar 2005 01:11
Sorry, I meant all three parts within one volume. Thanks tybalt! I saw part of the comic and it looks great! Richard, I'm next in line then.

Page  Page 5 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!