Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Ellipse-Nelvana: Tintin 75 years DVD box-set (R2)

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

west_coast_ninja
#11 · Posted: 11 Feb 2005 05:08
Wll either set work in the United States?
I grew up with Tintin and I was so happy when they made the cartoons, I'd love to have them on DVD. Thanks!
jock123
#12 · Posted: 11 Feb 2005 07:53
Welcome aboard, west_coast!

They are both DVD R2 sets, so they are designed to work in Europe and, strangely, Japan; the USA is R1, and thus the Tintin sets won't play directly in a standard US DVD player.

However you may be able to play them in a region-free DVD player if you have one and a PAL compatible TV set, or in the DVD drive of a Mac or PC (may require some extra software or resetting the region code).

You could also look on the internet for information about your DVD player, as many can have their region code re-set by entering codes on the hand-set.

My DVD player is multi-region, but my TV isn't NTSC (the American TV standard; Europe is PAL) compatible, so while I get a picture, it is in black and white (I grew up with B&W TV, so it doesn't bother me much); I couldnâ't guarantee that you will get even that.
KorovaMilkBar
#13 · Posted: 10 Mar 2005 03:36
Hi.
My question is this:
If price is comparable, should i buy the 10disc UK edition or 6 disc Aussie box set.
I have no region difficulties (Multi region player)
cheers
Tintinrulz
#14 · Posted: 10 Mar 2005 04:02
Where do you live. If you live in UK or close to there get the UK edition. If you live in Australia (like me) or close to there get the Aussie set.
I think the Aussie set is cheaper too.
KorovaMilkBar
#15 · Posted: 10 Mar 2005 04:13
Sydney boy here. OK sounds like no difference between the 2 boxes.
Might go for the Aussie edition.
Now to find Tintin Et Moi at a reasonable price
Tintinrulz
#16 · Posted: 10 Mar 2005 07:59
Yeah, I'm Adelaidian myself. I can't find Tintin et Moi anywhere!
jock123
#17 · Posted: 11 Mar 2005 20:47
Tintinrulz
I can't find Tintin et Moi anywhere!

I don't think it has ever had a stand-alone release as yet.
It was a limited edition of 5,000 copies; you only get it as a bonus disk (separately packaged) with the 75th Anniversary box-set, and that limited to only a fraction of the sets out there.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!