Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

The Rainbow Orchid

Page  Page 6 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

rastapopoulos
#51 · Posted: 10 Mar 2005 12:24
Just read Episode 1 of Part 2 online. A wonderful comic, amazing art work and an epic storyline. Fantastic. Just the sort of comic i've been waiting to read. I have part 1 in printed form, and I am awaiting Part 2 in printed form. So you're making it available in both print and online? The online teaser was a great read in strip form (online comics can be clumsy in their readability), but I do preffer print on paper, and I would be willing to pay extra for colour.
tybaltstone
#52 · Posted: 10 Mar 2005 14:20
I'm with you - I also prefer comics on paper. The web-comic is half-experiment (I'm interested to see how well it could do), half a way to keep me working on the comic regularly. But it will definitely see print eventually.

The webstrip does lose something - for instance the natural History Museum in the first strip of part two - you can see the full page version here:
http://www.garenewing.co.uk/krp/orchid/orchidimages/samplePage_08.jpg
rastapopoulos
#53 · Posted: 10 Mar 2005 14:59
I see your point about the full page. When reading the full page my eyes started to dart around the page taking in its full glory, something thats also missed if the page would be full sized as I would be pulling scroll bars around. I suppose it boils down to the online comic debate - I presume you've checked out Scott McClouds website? He has some interesting ideas about online comics and the future of comics in general.
tybaltstone
#54 · Posted: 13 Apr 2005 00:47
Hello again!

Just a word to let you know that The Rainbow Orchid site is now fully operational and live.

www.rainboworchid.co.uk

If you bought the printed version of part one, then you can claim a free part one ticket for yourself by registering, loggin in, and then going to: www.rainboworchid.co.uk/freeTicket.php

Thanks for reading, and all the best -
Garen.

P.S: rastapopoulos - indeedy, I am aware of Scott McCloud's site, and I'm even on it somewhere as I did a 24-hour comic a couple of years ago! (never again...)
Danagasta
#55 · Posted: 23 Jun 2005 21:33
Biggles? I never heard of him. Either way, this is the coolest bit of info, as I'm a huge Skut fan. I'm going to find this now, thanks so much!
Courtney
tybaltstone
#56 · Posted: 7 Nov 2005 10:18
Sorry to bust into the Biggles thread :-) with some dreaded self-publicity - an interview with yours-truly at 2000AD Review:

http://www.2000adreview.co.uk/smallpress/2005/garenewing/ewing.shtml
jock123
#57 · Posted: 8 Nov 2005 09:59
Nice little interview there, Garen - I assume though that you are changing “tack”, rather than “tact”…?
tybaltstone
#58 · Posted: 8 Nov 2005 10:59
I haven't decided yet.

Edit: Apparently the editor is away in Luxor right now, so it will have to wait until his return. Thanks for pointing it out though. Now, back to Biggles!
Rajpal
#59 · Posted: 14 Feb 2006 04:53
Tybalstone - I am latecomer to these Tintinologist.org Forums. I found the link to 'Rainbow Orchid' through here and wish to congratulate you on your excellent work.

I found the series very engrossing and visually stunning. Being an avid Tintin fan, I found 'Rainbow Orchid' really intruguing and yet very original.

Ever since childhood, I have always been very fond of sketching and even created 2-3 page comics but they all got lost in the sands of time. Then life took over and that hobby was lost :)

Keep up the good work! BTW, Have you got any copies left?
tybaltstone
#60 · Posted: 14 Feb 2006 09:52
You're very kind Rajpal, I'm really pleased you like it... I'm afraid all copies of part one sold out, but it will be available again.

And I hope you can find time for your hobby again soon, even just a little doodling.

While I'm here, perhaps of interest will be this video of me drawing some of the panels.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1102860739416098757

Page  Page 6 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!