Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin tribute on Arthur: "Fern Fern & the Secret of Moose Mountain"

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Aldora
#1 · Posted: 16 Mar 2005 21:17
I think this might not go here, but anway...
The first thing I heard when I got to my bus stop this morning was, "Did you watch 'Arthur' yesterday afternoon?"
When I asked why, I was told that Tintin was on it, only re-done.
He, like all the other characters, was an animal, and even had a dog.
He apparently wore plus-fours as well, and was cleverly re-named "Zut-zut" - I find that hilarious.
Could anyone who hass seen it please give me more detail, because kids 'round my school give me weird looks...
Zut-zut!
jockosjungle
#2 · Posted: 16 Mar 2005 22:58
Is Arthur that character that looks like a bear?

Rik
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#3 · Posted: 16 Mar 2005 23:01
... or do you mean the Dudley Moore film?

Ed
Tintinrulz
#4 · Posted: 16 Mar 2005 23:03
I think Arthur's a mouse, but I can't remember. Would have been interesting to see that episode!
Aldora
#5 · Posted: 17 Mar 2005 01:37
Yeah, a bear or a mouse....... or something..... It's a cartoon, on ABC in Aussie.................... I dunno if ABC goes overseas. I just find it funny how they changed Tintin to Zut Zut. If you say it out loud and think of the proper Tintin being called that.......................
Aldora
#6 · Posted: 17 Mar 2005 01:39
My sister thinks it was Zoo Zoo, or Zoop Zoop, or something silly like that, but I think Zut Zut sounds better.
Tintinrulz
#7 · Posted: 17 Mar 2005 05:02
Have you got a screenshot somewhere?
Aldora
#8 · Posted: 17 Mar 2005 07:30
No, unfortunately. I heard from my sister that the Fern girl had gone into her imagination and she was Zut Zut, with the hair and the pants, and that there was a little brownie coloured dog, and that Francene was like Captain Haddock, but it was changed to Commander something. I didn't get to see it for myself, that's why I'm asking. However, I heard these bits of information from 4 different students at my school................ too bad no one could answer any of my specific questions, like what actually HAPPENED in the plot........ >>sigh<< I guess it'll come on again soon................
Richard
UK Correspondent
#9 · Posted: 17 Mar 2005 09:53
Just had a scout around on the net, and apparently it's from Season 8, episode 2 - Fernfern and the Secret of Moose Mountain. The episode synopsis is : "Fern can't wait to climb Moose Mountain so that she can have exciting adventures like Zutzut, the famous comic-book hero! But Francine is assigned to be her hiking buddy, and the two girls fight all the way up the trail. Will Fern and Francine be able to work together and weather some unexpected challenges?" I'm still looking to try and find a screenshot.
jock123
#10 · Posted: 17 Mar 2005 09:57
Just to put you all out of your misery, Arthur isn’t a mouse or a bear…

…he’s an aardvark!

It’s his surname too, I believe - Arthur Aardvark - but I realise that that isn’t conclusive, as look at the number of Smiths who have nothing to do with metal-work; however, Marc Brown his creator says he’s an aardvark, so that’s good enough for me.

Zut Zut is probably more like than Zoo Zoo or Zoop Zoop, Aldora, as “zut!” is a French word, sort of equivalent to “gosh!” or “darn!”, as a mild exclaimation. “Zut alors!” is slightly more emphatic, if you want to turn it up a notch... ;-)

Note: I see that Richard resolved the “Zutzut/ Zoop Zoop” name enigma before my post went through, thus negating some of the above.

I also think that Arthur is an aardvark drawn by someone who may never have seen one.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!