Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin in 3D

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

jockosjungle
#1 · Posted: 19 Mar 2005 22:41
Found this website while reading about the release of Star Wars in 3D

http://www.3d-conversion.com/

Click on Show me some examples and then select a method, one of the examples is Tintin and the Picaros in supposed 3 Dimensions!

It involves sending you cross eyed or staring at your screen really close btw, unless u have some glasses

Rik
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 19 Mar 2005 23:08
Wow, that's really cool ! I've seen a few of these stereo images on Brian May's website, of planets mainly. Never seen a Tintin one before, though - great find !
jockosjungle
#3 · Posted: 20 Mar 2005 06:34
Yes I was surprised, i wouldn't recommend the cross eyed version as it hurt my eyes

Rik
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#4 · Posted: 20 Mar 2005 09:41
Wow - that's absolutely incredible ! If I had some glasses, I'd try out the red/blue glasses version as well !
snafu
#5 · Posted: 20 Mar 2005 21:23
I just took a look at all of them. For the cross-eyed one, I did as they instructed; I looked over my fingertip to see the image, but only two pictures appeared. Am I missing something?

Anyway, I look forward to getting 3-D glasses so I can appreciate all the images to their fullest extent!

Yes I was surprised, i wouldn't recommend the cross eyed version as it hurt my eyes

It's still less painful than watching the Super-Calcacolor, though :-) (My eyeballs aren't doing the shimmy and I'm not seeing six of everything after looking at those images, though!--from "The Castafiore Emerald")
finlay
#6 · Posted: 24 Mar 2005 22:52
Cool. I wish they'd show some more...
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#7 · Posted: 25 Mar 2005 09:41
Yup - it's such a pity that it's only limited to one single image.
jockosjungle
#8 · Posted: 25 Mar 2005 11:53
From the website...

TinTin

On the 1997 Belgian Comic Book convention the main attraction was a stereoshow featuring 50 conversions of TinTin drawings, including the front covers of all TinTin albums. Since then these stereoslides were shown on meetings all over Europe.

So apparently plenty more were done but this is the only example here, anyone got any more information/visited the 97 Belgian Comic Book Convention?

I assume that the pictures must be gathering dust somewhere

Rik
Richard
UK Correspondent
#9 · Posted: 6 Aug 2005 16:40
Just spotted this on eBay - a stereo image from Tintin in Tibet. It works - to an extent - on the photograph on the listing, just cross your eyes (and if you wear glasses adjust them slightly to line up the images).

There's also this one of Jacob's Blake & Mortimer which is rather good, again viewed the same way.
jock123
#10 · Posted: 6 Aug 2005 18:19
For a long time (certainly throughout the 70s) ViewMaster had a 3-D version of Prisoners on their catalogue - they even used a frame of Tintin commanding the sun on the reel you found in the viewer for demonstration purposes. Anyone have those in their collection?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!