Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Cigars of the Pharaoh: black and white English version release date

Page  Page 2 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

MoonRocket
#11 · Posted: 12 Jan 2005 20:24
Amazon.com says that the black-and-white facsimile of "Cigars of the Pharaoh" is due out on March 30th of this year!
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#12 · Posted: 22 Mar 2005 00:42
The release date has now been moved back to June, to nobody's surprise.

I remember that the 1931 version of Tintin in America was first announced as due to appear exactly eighteen months before it actually did. At this rate, we can (hopefully) expect Cigars of the Pharaoh by Christmas...

Ed
edcharlesadams
#13 · Posted: 23 Mar 2005 10:49
Does anyone fancy emailing Last Gasp to ask what's going on? I think they might be sick of hearing from me!

Ed
jockosjungle
#14 · Posted: 23 Mar 2005 13:49
What's the e-mail address and I'll send them an e-mail, probably do some good as well if they think there is more of an interest than just Ed for the books.

Was it me or did Tintin in America just appear suddenly in the Tintin Shop one day rather than being tied to the official release date?

Rik
edcharlesadams
#15 · Posted: 23 Mar 2005 16:42
There is an email form at: https://www.lastgasp.com/eml/

Yes, the official release date for Tintin in America was October 30th 2004, but it was available from the Tintin Shop from mid-August. My theory for this is that since the books are published by Casterman but distributed by Last Gasp, they were dispatched from Belgium to a Californian warehouse before being distributed all over the world. Presumably the Tintin Shop has an arrangement to get them direct from Casterman, thus allowing them to get them quicker before they were bounced twice across the Atlantic!

Ed
Richard
UK Correspondent
#16 · Posted: 23 Mar 2005 16:52
I think The Tintin Shop get advance copies of some of the books - presumably most of the ones in English. I know they did for The Complete Companion, which they sold in the shop (I managed to get my copy about three months before it was officially published !).
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#17 · Posted: 23 Mar 2005 19:34
They also had the new 'Alph-Art' before general release, although not as far as three months ahead, more like a week ! ;)
ottokar1
#18 · Posted: 15 Apr 2005 13:01
The facsimile of 'Tintin in America' is already out at the Tintin Shop. The staff told me all the facsimiles will be released over the next year or so.
edcharlesadams
#19 · Posted: 2 May 2005 19:11
For those of us still holding our breath...

Amazon.co.uk now gives the release date of the b/w Cigars of the Pharaoh as July 30th. That's over a year after the first provisional date (July 1st 2004)!

I realise these updates are tedious; just keeping you informed. Hopefully there will be some better news soon.

Ed
number1fan
#20 · Posted: 1 Jul 2005 15:17
Is the English-language black and white Cigars of the Pharaoh out now?
[- snip -]
Moderator Note: Off topic remarks removed.
Please, 1) Stay on topic: if you want to discuss something which is unrelated to the original discussion, start a new thread - do a search first to make sure you are not creating a duplicate thread.
2) Use 'edit': where possible, use the 'edit' function to correct your posts.
3) Please watch your spelling and use upper- and lower-case letters to make your posts easier to read. Message has been corrected.

Page  Page 2 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!