Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Wanted: Thompson and Thomson bookends

Luckmuck
#1 · Posted: 23 Mar 2005 00:13
Desparately looking for a pair of Thompson Twins bookends. I believe they were made and sold in England about 12-15 years ago. They seem to be out of production. Has anyone seen these? Any idea where I can get a pair and what they would cost?
jock123
#2 · Posted: 24 Mar 2005 19:18
Hi, Luckmuck - welcome to the forum!

I remember there being a lot of wooden items available in gift shops back then (including building-blocks, dominoes and coat-hangers), but I can’t remember the name of the manufacturer. There was even a sort of branding exercise, so that the shops had Snowy graphics in the windows and a Tintin-themed display case or rack inside. It probably meshed with the rise of Moulinsart and the 60th anniversary exhibition.

They were - as with most Tintin gift items - far too expensive for parsimonious me, so I never got any, and I’m not sure the shop in Sauchiehall St. which carried it sold much either, and my guess is that the idea died pretty quickly, and I haven’t seen the items since.

My guess is that, in the U.K. at least these items will be quite rare - you might want to look on eBay, taking in sales on the continent.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#3 · Posted: 24 Mar 2005 20:30
A pair of Leblon-Delienne bookends of the Thompsons recently sold on eBay for $150 - see here - are they the ones you mean ?
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#4 · Posted: 25 Mar 2005 09:37
Quite a few wooden bookends were made in the 80s - I have a pair featuring Tintin and Snowy by Vilac (I purchased them on eBay for £32) :

Perhaps the Thompsons were in the same series ?

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!