Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintin exhibition: The Adventures of Tintin at Sea

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

pauldurdin
Moderator Emeritus
#11 · Posted: 29 Mar 2004 07:54
Seeing as there's no possibility of me going, what's the chance of getting photos?

Paul
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#12 · Posted: 29 Mar 2004 09:20
To be honest, probably no chance at all. Moulinsart have tended to ban people taking photos in past exhibitions. Your best bet is probably to get hold of the official guide by Michael Farr (released today!).
Meanwhile, the BBC News website has a slideshow of some Tintin images to mark the exhibition: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/3572603.stm
Harrock n roll
#13 · Posted: 1 Apr 2004 00:28
I think I may take my first trip down there this week. I'll let you all know how it goes!....
chevet
Belgium Correspondent
#14 · Posted: 5 Apr 2004 06:25
On the BBC page mentioned by edcharlesadams (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/3572603.stm), go in the upper right corner in the "search" section and type "tintin" in the search box. It will give you list of approx 15 items with Tintin BBC news "articles".
Cholmondeley
#15 · Posted: 21 Apr 2004 23:57
I managed to go on Easter Saturday. I'll do a proper review when I get some free time, but a few stand out items were:
A life size model of Professor Calculus's mini sub from 'Red Rackham's Treasure', done as an end of term project by some French engineering students.
Seeing a page of The Red Sea Sharks, with each stage of Herge's drafting process laid out side by side, from rough layout to finished artwork.
Being amazed at how 'cut and paste' the original artwork for The Shooting Star and The Crab with the Golden Claws is.
The portrait of the 'real' Francis Haddock.
The Snowy display. I just thought covering a pillar next to it with white faux-fur was a nice touch.
It's highly recommended, and not just for Tintin fans. My wife, who had never heard of Tintin until she moved to England found it fascinating.
If you can go on a weekday, do, as it can get a bit crowded, and the exhibition is a bit too information dense to be viewed comfortably in a crowd.
Buy the book of the exhibition in the bookstore, it actually has a lot of information not in the show, and vice versa. And the Snowy soft toys are really cute.

Andrew
admin
Administrator
#16 · Posted: 26 Jun 2004 09:21
Check out some pictures related to the exhibition, courtesy of Chris (Harrock n Roll):
https://www.tintinologist.org/gallery/view_album.php?albumID=18
jockosjungle
#17 · Posted: 26 Jun 2004 13:14
Speaking of pictures, did anyone else sit and draw a picture of that model ship? Mine looked like a 4 year old did it

Rik
ectoplasm
#18 · Posted: 26 Jun 2004 23:20
Here's a link to a kind of review I did of the Tintin ehxibition albeit all mixed up in a weblog with lots of other weird personal stuff, also I write about the Blue Lotus:
URL

I didn't draw the ship, although I did contemplate ripping some art off the walls and running for the entrance...
grenville24
#19 · Posted: 30 Jun 2004 16:11
Hey ectoplasm,

Great blog. Hope everything goes smoothly with the baby - and the job!

I thought the exhibition was a little disappointing. Perhaps naively, I was surprised to find it SO targeted at young children, almost as if the organisers thought only they could be interested in Tintin. Even the books (minus Soviets and Congo, of course) at the entrance were at child height. I took my wife (a non-believer, I'm sorry to say) and she was clearly bored. I don't think there was enough material to engage adults or rather non-Tintinophiles. Having said that, I'm still glad I went, and I thought the poster was excellent -very eye-catching with that mustard yellow offsetting the flag from the Shooting Star.

The pads for drawing the ship were at child height too - I was tempted for a moment, but one long, drawn-out sigh beckoned me on.

The shop (run by Ottakar's) was also disappointing.
jockosjungle
#20 · Posted: 30 Jun 2004 17:55
Yeh me and my brother got a few funny looks for sitting and drawing, but the exhibition was nearly empty.

Spent about 90 minutes in there in total I think and we read everything, and drew the pictures. Never been to a Tintin exhibition before and I thought it was good but I don't have anything to compare it to

Rik

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!