Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Theme Park: Proposed Tintin attraction at Universal? [Hoax]

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#1 · Posted: 3 Apr 2005 10:17
According to Wikipedia, several new Tintin themed projects are in the works from Universal Studios :

"A video game, The Many Adventures of Tintin, is scheduled for release in mid-2005 for the Nintendo GameCube, PlayStation 2, and Xbox. It is currently being developed by Vivendi Universal."

"Universal Studios currently sold the rights to the Adventures of Tintin global franchised-merchandise. The complete collection of twenty-one Adventures of Tintin coloring books based on the original stories, are scheduled for release in 2005 in North America (published by Dalmatian Press)."

And most exciting, in my opinion, is a new Tintin-themed attraction also called The Many Adventures Of Tintin and shop in Universal Studios Orlando.
jockosjungle
#2 · Posted: 3 Apr 2005 21:24
That's some nice information there!

Here's the article on the site if anyone is interested but has no extra info than tintinuk has provided

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tintin#In_the_future

Sounds like it'll be a cash in on the new movie more than anything else to be perfectly honest, but i'll definitely be picking that game up for my Gamecube!

I'll definitely be heading to Orlando for that ride as well

Rik
jock123
#3 · Posted: 4 Apr 2005 10:16
I wonder if the Orlando thing will be more than a ride? Universal have two parks - the Studio Park (general movie themed attractions), and The Islands of Adventure, which is a series of themed areas: there’s a Marvel Comics island, a Dr. Seuss island etc.

Tintin would seems like a candidate for an island of his own, so there could be a whole Hergéian environment, and two or three rides, as well as a merchandise shop, eating place etc. Could be good!!

Given my development work on Tintinland, I would of course be prepared to act as a consultant… ;-)
Tintinrulz
#4 · Posted: 4 Apr 2005 10:39
Why isn't that Tintin game going to be for PC also, darn it. I hope its worthy of the Tintin name too. The last (Destination Adventure demo) was too lame and boring (collecting Snowy coins, horrible graphics). Just because Tintin was originally made for kids, doesn't mean the gameplay needs to be dumbed down (not all kid's are stupid as the publisher's percieve).
When's news of the Tintin movie coming?
jockosjungle
#5 · Posted: 4 Apr 2005 17:39
A Tintin island at Isle of Adventure would be brilliant, lets hope you've not just put expectations in our heads there Jock.

Tintinrulz - just get yourself a gamecube when it;s out, you can pick them up for about £50 atm

Rik
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#6 · Posted: 4 Apr 2005 18:39
Just to let everyone know, the Tintin attraction will be in the Studio Park (indicating a movie !) and the shop will be in CityWalk.

This is all according to the Wikipedia article on Universal Studios

I'm going to Orlando this Summer, so I'll update everyone then, and if construction is in progress, I'll try to get some info and photos ! ;)
jockosjungle
#7 · Posted: 4 Apr 2005 21:28
Was planning on going to Orlando this year as well, am going to wait though until the Tintin Ride is up and running

Rik
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#8 · Posted: 9 Apr 2005 16:42
Update !

Taken from an updated Wikipedia article :

"Tintin and his dog, Snowy, are being used as mascots for Universal Studios, appearing in its logo sequence to commercials and program openings ..."

This baffles me completely, as that's the first I've heard of it ! :p

There is now also an article solely about the new video game here ! It's been revealed that the game will include one level for all 21 of the adventures published in English ! :o)

Also, according to another online encyclopedia, a Tintin restaurant will be opened in Universal, The Captain's Kitchen - a seafood buffet and steakhouse !
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#9 · Posted: 16 Jun 2005 21:49
I've discovered that the section regarding all of this information has now been deleted from the Wikipedia article ... it seems it was false information. Why someone would add something completely untrue, without any bearing on fact seems strange. Oh well, that's life, I suppose.
I'll still ask for any information while I'm in Orlando in a few weeks time, anyway, but I'm expecting a blank expression ! :oP
jockosjungle
#10 · Posted: 17 Jun 2005 06:11
I was surprised that this was the only source of the information, maybe the game is false as well. I would have imagined all the stuff would be released to coincide with the movie which appears to be a few years off yet.

Have fun in Orlando Oliver!

Rik

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

This topic is closed.