Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin and World Book Day

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Karaboudjan
#11 · Posted: 12 Apr 2005 19:16
The one who was locked up with Lyra in the bear palace?

Funny, now you come to mention it...

I hope I haven't given the impression I don't like earlier 'Tintin' books. The first few were getting into their stride- I adore King Ottokar's Sceptre and Black Island, and think they're the height of Tintin's solo career.

But I could never agree that Tintin without Archie is a good thing. He's the heart of the stories, the Everyman. It's their double act- so different but so right- that makes these books special for me.

Although I do agree that the bulk of later characters- most glaringly Jolyon Wagg- could be cut down. This is possibly the one thing I'll ever say in Allan's favour: evil and brutal he might well be, but at least he contributes. I am still at a loss as to what purpose the infuriating insurance man serves.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!