Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Who is Your Favourite Tintin Villain?

Page  Page 2 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Harrock n roll
#11 · Posted: 9 Apr 2005 14:01
Müller is one of the few villains in the adventures who is prepared to roll up his sleeves for a good old punch-up. I like his appearance in Land of Black Gold - particularly the sneezing-powder fight scene!
Richard
UK Correspondent
#12 · Posted: 9 Apr 2005 14:32
I don't know if he counts, since it was only in a dream, but Rascar Capac is one scary villain. I know when I watched the cartoon for the first time, that scene of him silouhetted on the roof of the house had me terrified.

Failing that, I would choose Allan, and think he was probably at his most evil in The Red Sea Sharks, on board the Ramona. He and Rastapopoulos worked well together in that book, but the deconstruction of their world in Flight 714 just made them look ridiculous.
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#13 · Posted: 9 Apr 2005 15:33
That scene of him silouhetted on the roof of the house had me terrified

Ah, yes, I'd forgotten about that ! I had a nightmare after watching that, if I recall ! :p On second thoughts, my list would probably include Rascar Capac (if it counts !) as well as Mitsuhirato.
Jyrki21
#14 · Posted: 10 Apr 2005 04:38
I think I have to throw my hat in for Müller... if a good villain is one you hate, well, my own Jewish background means that I'm going to have a hate-on for Nazi agent provocateur Herr Doktor J.W. Müller.

Plus, I also love how haphazardly Müller comes into the stories. It's not like we have any idea who he is when Tintin first stumbles across him, and we continue not to know what he's even up to until relatively late.
OJG
#15 · Posted: 11 Apr 2005 11:56
I did like Rastapopoulos in his earlier appearances, particularly Cigars and Lotus, as he had a certain class about him. It was Flight 714 where he really lost it all. I also liked Allan until partway through 714, though I think a good villain is always his own boss, rather than working directly for someone else.

Overall, I think Muller is my favourite. I know that he wasn't always the boss in the big picture, but in what we saw, he effectively was. He was a very well-done character in my opinion.
BlackIsland
#16 · Posted: 13 Apr 2005 03:24
Overall, I think Müller is my favourite. I know that he wasn't always the boss in the big picture, but in what we saw, he effectively was. He was a very well-done character in my opinion

I am surprised he was not brought back much more - Rastapopoulos got boring.
Karaboudjan
#17 · Posted: 13 Apr 2005 15:26
I'm a fan of Müller, I must say. He's by far the wilier and most slippery of the villains.

The other two to stand out for me are Colonel Jorgen/Boris (he goes from being mildly villainous to full on psychopathic in the 'Moon' books) and... how could I leave him out?... Allan.

Much as I loathe, despise and (as a child) fear the man, he has to be a good bad guy (if you get what I mean) to provoke such a strong response.
It didn't help that in the TV series he had that horrible, gravelly, flesh crawling voice. Ugh.
Jorgen221
#18 · Posted: 17 Apr 2005 05:35
I always liked Jorgen (as my SN suggests). He comes across as being a truly cold blooded villian, willing to strand the others on the moon, and even kill his own partner because he merely suspects him of sabotaging the rocket. He also treats Wolff as a kind of servant, making him cook dinner for him.
Charles
#19 · Posted: 26 Apr 2005 08:41
For me, the scariest villain was Müller, for reasons very well covered by others above (particularly the Nazi connotations), but my favorite villains are the Bordurians in "The Calculus Affair." They have some brilliant successes (at one point or another having Calculus, Tintin, and Haddock in captivity) but also spectacular failures, especially the Hotel/Opera House escape, and even more so when Tintin and the Captain covertly work themselves into the fortress and make off with Calculus. Plus, the drunk scene in the hotel dining room!

One of my favorite frames in the entire corpus is when Sponz screams into his phone giving orders to destroy our heroes (sorry I can't do a quote right now, my books are on the other side of the continent as I write).
celalli
#20 · Posted: 26 Apr 2005 09:47
Up to now no one's mentioned Al Capone, although he was the only real villian (once upon a time alive).
He caused perhaps thousands to be killed directly. Even if he was too close to kill Tintin in two adventures, this is one of Hergé's successes, making his villian so alive.
My other favorite villian is Sponz.

Page  Page 2 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!