Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

The Black Island: "Le Mystère de l'avion gris" slides...

thefreekster
#1 · Posted: 17 Apr 2005 20:39
I need some help to determine if something is a Tintin collectible or not?

This is the case: I found someone that is selling a complete collection of 35mm diaposatives/ movie stills from a Tintin movie he refers to as Le Mystère de l'avion gris.
I know that this was the 1938 concept title of The Black Island but I was not familiar with the fact that a movie was made with this title.
Can somebody help me out with some information?
Because I am not really sure of the movie stills are genuine.

Thanks in advance

Freek
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 18 Apr 2005 20:44
I think this is probably the one of the Films Fixé series by Les Beaux Films. Basically it's pictures taken from the album, put together on 35mm film to be run through a projector.
It's a real product, but it's not an animated- or live-action film, rather more like a slideshow - what might have in the past been called "film-strips" in English.

It'll be from the first version of L'Île Noir (The Black Island), and there will be 20 reels in a complete set, making up the whole story.
thefreekster
#3 · Posted: 18 Apr 2005 22:13
Thank you for your response!
I did some more research on the object for sale, and the brand name Les Beaux Films is on the boxes!
The seller says that they are for a sort of slide projector, so it must be the object you described.
The name still puzzles me because Le Mystère de l'avion gris was only used as a title in Cœurs Vaillants.

Can you tell me what the value of these would be? That would really help me out.

Thanks in advance,

Freek

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!