Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin books: most popular album - what do the numbers tell

szplug
#1 · Posted: 22 Apr 2005 17:15
This query is mostly directed to those who are familiar with the publishing industry.

We have seen in this forum at various instances , members giving the rating of THEIR favourite Tintin books .But what do the other ordinary readers feel? One indicator could be the Numbers of each Title sold.

Does anyone out here have the actual figures of how many of each Title of say Methuen having been sold.

Arithmatically , the oldest Tintins by Methuen such as the 'King' and the'Crab' should have been Published the maximum no. of times and hence chances are that in absolute terms they would have sold the most irrespective of whether they are the most popular or not.

But the Publishers must be printing more copies of the most popular book inspite of bringing out a reprint of ALL the Titles every other year .

So in the end for all you know , more copies of the 'Tibet' might have been printed than the 'Crab' even though the latter precedes the former by four years.

So anyone with the figures ??

- Pyne
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 23 Apr 2005 21:46
I'm afraid I don't know the figures, but I remember reading somewhere that the bestselling book in English is Red Rackham's Treasure, and in French I believe it's actually Tintin au Congo.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!