Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin DVD boxset: Region 1

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

jman5411
#21 · Posted: 16 Apr 2005 19:20
fellow tin tin fan here...

i live in Canada and work at a Future Shop location.
We have only received 3 of these box sets and since this forum is the only place on all of the internet that has info about this box set i figured you guys would know your stuff.

I was wondering if there is going to be a review posted of this box set at all?
i would love to know how it compares to the R2 version.

Also if pictures could be provided of the inside cover art that would be great.

I was greatly dissapointed with a french release. I mean its nice that it has english menus and a soundtrack but it still kinda sucks to have french slipcases as well as french title tracks. :(

And one final question.
The english voices for the characters, are they the original actors who did the voices on the english version of the cartoon or just some random people.

looking forward to some replies
jockosjungle
#22 · Posted: 17 Apr 2005 08:50
I'm currently working on a DVD review / region comparison of the R1 sets. It'll be ready shortly.
A quick note though - Tintin in America is not going to be in the set.
Rik

--
Update: Posted: Apr 18, 2005 12:26:12
I've posted my review on my website.
I wanted to stick it on this website but the link for adding stuff is down. If you guys want it feel free to take it for the site
Rik

--
Note from Admin: Thanks, Rik, for granting us permission to publish your excellent article. Your work has been added to the Articles section of Tintinologist.org. :-D
jockosjungle
#23 · Posted: 19 Apr 2005 21:02
Sorry to harp on about DVDSoon but they've reduced the prices of the Tintin DVD again, the individual disks are only $9.98 (about £4)

Just had a look at the article on this site, you've really done a nice job making it neater

Rik
jman5411
#24 · Posted: 20 Apr 2005 05:35
great review jockosjungle!
the more in depth the better.

I just picked up my R1 tonight. Still havent opened it though.
I'm worried the english soundtrack wont have the same actors voices that i remember watching on TV.

However they most likely are.
If anyone can tell me otherwise i would appreciate it.
I'll also try and get some pics of the set ASAP
:)
jockosjungle
#25 · Posted: 20 Apr 2005 06:44
Well they're the same actors as the UK R2 and from the television as far as I can remember

Rik
Fleecebeast
#26 · Posted: 25 Apr 2005 21:25
I live in Toronto (Canada) and I cracked open my set yesterday, and I can *confirm* that the english voices on it are from the original broadcasts.

I watched the show a lot and I remember the voices, and it is definitely the same. Nice to have them back.

Looking forward to the boxed set release in September, except where's "Tintin in America"??? Maybe we should get some sort of letter-writing campaign going to get it included in the second set. I want *every* episode!

Cheers,

~Fleece
jockosjungle
#27 · Posted: 26 Apr 2005 06:44
I'm hoping it might be an oversight in the advert contained in the set, and that it might be included as a third episode on one of the disks

Rik
Jyrki21
#28 · Posted: 28 Apr 2005 06:45
i live in Canada and work at a Future Shop location.
We have only received 3 of these box sets and since this forum is the only place on all of the internet that has info about this box set i figured you guys would know your stuff.

I can state that, as of last weekend, they're all over Montreal now. But it's true, I've seen next to nothing in either Toronto or Vancouver.
Pelaphus
#29 · Posted: 28 Apr 2005 20:32
In re: locating the animated TINTIN IN AMERICA ... I offer this ONLY as a reference point for checking out the official sets.

I have the bootlegged Asian edition which, as far as I can tell, was "ripped ver batim" from the authorized French DVDs of the '90s, preserving their episode sequence and disc numbering system.

In my collection, TINTIN IN AMERICA (a single episode adventure) resides on the same disc as THE SHOOTING STAR (another single episode adventure) and FLIGHT 714 (a more common double). And it's disc #6. It's the only three-story disc in the set.

As to voices: Barring the kind of contractual peculiarities that informed the soundtrack of THE POINT, in which Alan Thicke replaced Dustin Hoffman on the network rerun, or some studio desire to create continuity after an actor has died or relinquished his role (e.g. Disney relooping the voice of Baloo in all its syndicated TALE-SPIN episodes) -- rare and unique occurrences -- you can pretty much be sure that whatever voice track you originally heard in broadcast or in theatres will be the voice track on the DVD.

Not even the Belvision TINTINs -- half of which were not animated to English, but dubbed -- bothered to homogenize their English speaking casts from one flick to the next. There are the British tracks and the American tracks and neither was ever re-recorded.
Peveus
#30 · Posted: 29 Apr 2005 14:04
Tiny little bit off topic but what is The Mysterious Island? I've never heard of it? >_>

Also, just because, Australia's DVD has Tintin in America first on Disc 1. Ours are in the belgian/'official' book release order. It wouldnt be removed for political corectness i dont think, seeing as everything that made it anti-america is completely absent from the television version (the only episode truly messed with, and it shows because its the worst of the series).

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!