Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Golden Fleece & Blue Oranges: Recent pics of J-P Talbot

jock123
#1 · Posted: 5 May 2005 16:55
I came across some of the most recent pictures I have ever seen of M. Jean-Pierre Talbot on the Planète Tintin site. Is this an indication of how our hero might have looked, had he ever grown to middle age?
He is unfortunately quiff-less (or should that be "Kuifje"-less?) now, but still has the round face and friendly looks of a Tintin, I think...

Actually, if truth be told, he was actually quiff-less at the time of filming, and was fitted with a custom-made hair-piece to give him the look...!

They have a streaming interview with him, but I haven't tried it.
John Sewell
#2 · Posted: 9 May 2005 14:41
He looks like a pleasant chap! (at least he did - I'm getting an error message now from the link!) I'd like to think of Tintin in middle age looking like that, somehow; obviously matured, but still retaining some of his youthful exuberance. Of course, if we take it as read that Herge originally based Tintin on his brother Paul, the poor lad would eventually have ended up looking like Sponsz, which scarcely bears thinking about! ;)

Actually, looking at M. Talbot these days, I was struck that, if you added a round collar, moustache and goatee, and darkened what's left of his hair, you'd have a fairly convincing Cuthbert Calculus!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!