Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Who is Your Favourite Tintin Villain?

Page  Page 3 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

jockosjungle
#21 · Posted: 26 Apr 2005 16:52
I think i'd go for Wolf from the Moon Series, all the way through the adventure he is secretly working against them all whilst maintaining a friendship with them at the same time.

Also he is one of the few bad guys who we ever really understand his reasoning behind his actions and how they came about and also the only one who truely redeems himself

Rik
Jyrki21
#22 · Posted: 28 Apr 2005 06:33
I think i'd go for Wolf from the Moon Series, all the way through the adventure he is secretly working against them all whilst maintaining a friendship with them at the same time.

Which immediately reminds me of Pablo, too, from Broken Ear and Picaros.

He's got to be one of Hergé's most morally ambiguous characters... goes from being a bad guy (less a villain than a henchman, really) to an ally, to a traitor all in the course of two books!

Hergé had grown more cynical as he got older, that's for sure, and perhaps turning Pablo back into a profiteer was a little wink from him saying, "Meh, somethings things don't work out like they should..."
Hoxha
#23 · Posted: 12 May 2005 06:09
I would have to say the most effective villains were the two murderers/thieves in "The Broken Ear". They went by the names Ramon Bada and Alonso Perez in the Spanish editions. I don't have that book in English so I don't know if the names carried over.

Out of all the "bad guys", they seemed the most evil but also the most realistic. There was nothing particularly humorous about them. They had no grand schemes. They appeared to be the most small minded and vicious of all.

As far as the most enjoyable villain goes I would have to say that it is Bobby Smiles.
Karaboudjan
#24 · Posted: 12 May 2005 16:46
I personally found the way he kept missing amusing (or was that just me?) And their annoyance with the parrot (like Müller's with Abdullah later on) was perfectly understandable.

Is it just me, or are they forerunners to the Sticky Bandits of 'Home Alone' infamy? They even look like them!
Jyrki21
#25 · Posted: 12 May 2005 19:35
Hoxha: I would have to say the most effective villains were the two murderers/thieves in "The Broken Ear". They went by the names Ramon Bada and Alonso Perez in the Spanish editions. I don't have that book in English so I don't know if the names carried over.

Yes, they were called that in English too... with your username, I would have thought you'd maybe read them in Albanian! :)
snafu
#26 · Posted: 13 May 2005 03:57
Ramon and Alonso are probably the most realistic of the villains: low-level criminals, without a long-term master plan (only once in a blue moon will a criminal with a megalomaniacal master plan like Rastapopoulos appear in real-life), representing the most common type - but they never really left much of an impression.
Rastapopoulos, by contrast, although a much rarer type of criminal, was by far more evil with his profiteering from grand schemes that harmed others, and thus left a bigger impression.
That is why I feel that Rastapopoulos is the Tintin villain who has left the biggest impression on me...
Karaboudjan
#27 · Posted: 13 May 2005 11:48
He's certainly the most durable. I think we can say, with approx. 98% surety, he is Akass of 'Alph-Art' notoriety...
Zlip
#28 · Posted: 13 May 2005 21:46
I honestly believe that Rastapopoulos is, hands down, the best Tintin villian.
He may seem outrageous and had the ability to evade Tintin numerous times in ways that seemed over the top, but think about it.
He was Tintins Nemesis.
He was the one villian who managed to slip away every time until he was finally his own ruin.
He had wonderfully concocted plans and a network of allies, including someone who, I believe, stands completely level with him: Allan.
Although he seemed to be the sidekick of other villians Allan always managed to command some power and always survived to show up where you least expected him.
They were both, in a sense, Tintin's match.
Karaboudjan
#29 · Posted: 14 May 2005 12:43
Yes, the vile Mr Thompson is quite the bad guy... As well as having muscles on his muscles (how many times did he beat up his own men? I lost count), he was a wily brute, or at least in his early appearances.

One of the reasons why I disliked Flight 714 so much is it demystified him. I didn't mind the process with Rastapopoulos - he was always, to my mind, rather absurd- but if you're no longer frightened of Allan, who is there in the series to command a grudging respect and outright terror?
calculus132
#30 · Posted: 14 May 2005 21:00
I say Rastapopoulos, by far!
Okay, Sponz was okay, but still: Rastapopoulos!

Page  Page 3 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!