Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintin series: Japanese release

igagli
#1 · Posted: 8 Apr 2005 16:03
Moulinsart Japan announced to publish classic Tintin comics in
March 2005. B/W original drawing older 7 comics!

* Hard cover (306mm×232mm) 3990 yen (incl. TAX)
* Pocket book (178mm×130mm) 893 yen (incl. TAX)

Mail order from: http://www.tintin.co.jp
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#2 · Posted: 9 Apr 2005 10:54
Incredible ! It's such a pity the facsimiles don't get printed all at once in the English-speaking world (we have to wait for Last Gasp to decide on a date, change it, then change it again, then move it back to the original date, until it's eventually published !) :o)
Mark A
#3 · Posted: 12 May 2005 21:18
Will these be readily available in bookshops or do you think only in the Tinitin shop?

I'm in Tokyo next week so will see if I can find them.
igagli
#4 · Posted: 19 May 2005 05:49
TINTIN SHOP TOKYO stands between JR HARAJUKU station and
Subway OMOTESANDO station.

Here is a map of its location.
5-12-12 J-Wing Left 1F JINGUMAE SHIBUYAKU TOKYO
TEL 03-5774-9905 
WEEKDAY11:30 to 20:00
SAT/SUN/HOLIDAYS 11:00 to 19:00

Hi Mark, You can buy Tintin color books at bookstore.
Classic books are sold in few bookstore and Tintin shop.

[Combined two consecutive posts - Moderator]
jock123
#5 · Posted: 19 May 2005 11:39
Welcome, igagli! It’s good to know that there is now some competition for manga and “Hello Kitty” in Japan! ;-)
Mark A
#6 · Posted: 31 May 2005 19:25
igagli,

Sorry didn't see your post before I travelled out there, just got back 2 days ago.

I found the Tintin store (smaller than expected) and the staff were great, I turned up at 10:30 as most shops open at 10:00 but they don't open until 11:00, but they opened just for me anyway so had the store to myself.

Bought Tintin in America and Cigars of the Pharaohs, think they are the only 2 available at the moment as facsimiles, at least they were the only 2 in the shop.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!