Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin Travel Diaries

rich23434565
#1 · Posted: 17 May 2005 00:34
Hi -

Is anyone collecting the Tintin Travel Diaries? I'd be interested to know what they're like and whether they're a worthwhile thing to collect. I've never even seen one for sale in a bookshop, so either they're not at all popular or quite hard to get hold of.

At the moment they're still available to buy though. Does anyone know if, or when, the current print run will end? (Some of the Used prices on Amazon.uk are utterly ridiculous!)

Thanks

Rich
jockosjungle
#2 · Posted: 17 May 2005 06:12
I've never seen one available to buy to be honest but I own a couple and I researched them quite a bit for an article on English books.

The prices on Amazon are a scam, there true value is about £3 a piece and cost about that on abebooks.

They're OK but really for kids, they have a lot of Tintin pictures in them but little else of real value, just some basic questions about the country such as "Do Americans watch television?" and "What is the Grand Canyon?" with a couple of paragraphs answer.

They were released in America as well so that might be a place to have a look for them

Rik
Karaboudjan
#3 · Posted: 17 May 2005 09:03
Doesn't sound like the headiest stuff... I'd advise you to stick to the real thing to be honest.
rich23434565
#4 · Posted: 19 May 2005 01:09
Doesn't sound like the headiest stuff

Well, no :-) But I'm still tempted to start slowly acquiring them as and when, if only from a collector's perspective. As I've found with other books in the past, once they're gone, they're gone - and then you can't get your hands on them for anything. If they had a limited print run then I'd be even more tempted, but if there are millions of the things floating around then I'm not too sure. Sometimes the dearth of available Tintin books makes one desperate to get something new, you know?

Rich :)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!