Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

You know you're a Tintin fan when...

Page  Page 1 of 38:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  35  36  37  38  Next » 

Karaboudjan
#1 · Posted: 19 May 2005 17:20
THE section for coming up with the daft Tintin related things that you have done during your years of fandom...

You know you're a Tintin fan when, doing your exam for your second year Linguistics paper, you include "Blistering Barnacles!" as an example of an exclamative sentence. And yes, I referenced it and everything.
Aldora
#2 · Posted: 19 May 2005 23:25
Great idea for a thread!

You know you're a Tintin fan when: you go on the internet and put holds on Tintin books from all over the state (that is, if you don't already have them all ^_^), and when you go to pick them up, you realise that you're getting strange looks from the librarian checking them out, since all ten books that you're allowed to take out at a time are indeed Tintin related. But really, you don't care! You gladly hold your head high and say to her/him "I'm a Tintin fan."

or

You visit this site non stop. ^_~ !!!

Bye for now...
Jyrki21
#3 · Posted: 20 May 2005 03:36
You know you're a Tintin fan when you run around three Asian countries (Thailand, Vietnam, China) drawing little pictures of Tintin and Snowy on napkins and showing them to employees of bookstores, in the hopes of finding him in the local language.

(Success 2/3 times!)
Clopin
#4 · Posted: 20 May 2005 05:02
YKYATFW...

You dress as Tintin for Halloween. (Points shamelessly to self) But since I have dark skin and black hair, no one know who I was. T^T
Karaboudjan
#5 · Posted: 20 May 2005 11:42

... you spend ages trying to track down The Jewel Song, if only to sample its full heinousness.

... you get all your friends using the word 'ostrogoth', when most of them don't even know what it means.
celalli
#6 · Posted: 20 May 2005 12:42
You understand you are a Tintin fan when...

...when you argue with the moderator in forum even if you are wrong in your thesis.

Sorry Jock
Clopin
#7 · Posted: 20 May 2005 18:17
Karaboudjan wrote: you spend ages trying to track down The Jewel Song, if only to sample its full heinousness.

What Jewel song...?

--
Reply from Moderator: Karaboudjan is referring to the song Castafiore always sings - see The Jewel Song from Faust.

Reply from Clopin: Oh! I see the post and at first I think Jewel wrote a song about Tintin! I get excited for a minute. Heehee... ^^;

Reply from Moderator: Good - now that is all clear, let's get back on topic.
fritzette
#8 · Posted: 20 Jun 2005 19:07
You know your're a Tintin fan when you associate everyday situations with the title of the books. I remember when my high school classmate (also a Tintin fan) called our pre-calculus subject as the "Pre-calculus Affair" during tough exams!
Tintinrulz
#9 · Posted: 21 Jun 2005 03:20

- you know all the Tintin albums in order of by heart and everyone thinks you are nuts! (guilty)

- your nickname is Tintin (guilty)

- almost everyone knows you love Tintin (guilty)

- you dress up as Tintin for your 21st (guilty)

- almost everything you drew was related someway to Herge's universe (guilty)

- you look for Congo and Soviets for about 3 years, then the Internet becomes widespread, continue the search online for another 3 years. Don't have any luck then find the some of the last copies on two different websites. Have to order them from Belgium. Then a few years later they are republished. (guilty)

- when you realise Australia isn't the place to live if you want to get anything Tintin related. (guilty)
fritzette
#10 · Posted: 22 Jun 2005 09:18
You know you're a Tintin fan when you get to dream of becoming a character in a Tintin story yourself!

Page  Page 1 of 38:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  35  36  37  38  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!