Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintin Festival in Brussels July 2005

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

jock123
#1 · Posted: 16 May 2005 13:54
Objectiftintin.com have an article outlining the plan for a festival from the 20th to the 23rd of July. Events include a tour of Hergé related sites in the city, a cinema marathon, costume ball in the Metropole Hotel, an exhibition of Tintin-related vehicles, including the rocket, and a Quick & Flupke-inspired soap-box derby. There is also an intriguing event which is a visit to a "clandestine workshop" (it may just mean "private", I dunno), to see original panels being renovated.
If anyone can clear this last one up, I'd be grateful: my French is rusty, especially when things get idiomatic...!
chevet
Belgium Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 16 May 2005 16:07
I think we have to wait for more details because I don't understand either!! Your knowledge of the French language is not too bad !!!
jockosjungle
#3 · Posted: 16 May 2005 16:26
Have no real idea for French either, but I was planning on going to Brussels this summer so I might coincide it with this.

Anyone else going to Brussels this summer for this?

Rik
jock123
#4 · Posted: 16 May 2005 17:12
Thanks, chevet! I'm now really interested to know what the workshop is about!

There is a less-than-helpful short piece here on the official site [Broken link removed]; I'd like to know how to get a brochure!

Rik, I'll wait to see what it is all about before I decide, but it is tempting!
jockosjungle
#5 · Posted: 16 May 2005 18:46
Yes I think I'll wait for more information as well.

Wouldn't want to spend 4 days sitting in a circle with 6 year olds in a workshop making model moon rockets!

Just read the article of the official site, it's as if they don't want it to be succesful

Rik
chevet
Belgium Correspondent
#6 · Posted: 16 May 2005 19:51
Very strange, indeed. You 'll find more detail in newspapers then on the Official site!
By the way, with Rodwell's approval, the clandestine workshop will not be so clandestine!!!

--
UPDATE:
Posted: May 29, 2005 05:04:41
Here! you"ll find find a detailed program. I know a majority of you won't be in Brussels in July this year but I found the information interesting!!

--
[Moderator merged 2 consecutive posts.]
Tintinrulz
#7 · Posted: 29 May 2005 15:57
If only I could read a word of French...
jockosjungle
#8 · Posted: 29 May 2005 18:54
Can anyone translate?
tybaltstone
#9 · Posted: 29 May 2005 20:44
You can download the PDF and put it into Alta Vista's BabelFish translator... I did the first page - close enough for (very modern) jazz:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/translate.dyn

--------------

PROGRAM/tintin festival Of Wednesday 20 at Saturday July 23, 2005 in Brussels the inaugural Meeting - Wednesday July 20, with 15h, the Town hall of Brussels, Grand' Place.

The official meeting of opening of Tintin Festival will proceed in the central court of the Town hall, in the presence of the municipal officials and of the guests of honor.

The Tintin Fresco - Wednesday July 20, towards 17h, Street of the Drying oven [!!]. After the pinion Quick and Flupke in the Maroilles cheeses, finally a pinion animated by Tintin, Haddock and Milou! The Tintin fresco will be located street of the Drying oven [!! still funny], with two steps of Manneken Pis, the most famous Inhabitant of Brussels after deferring it to the bunch.

The Hergé Routes - As of Wednesday July 20. The turn in the bus is free with any carrier of the official Badge of the Festival. A pedestrian course to discover in Brussels a number of places and buildings which played a part in the life of Hergé or which were used by him in its work. A second course, widened, will be furrowed by a tourist bus [hee hee!].

Tintin controls in Poelaert - Thursday July 21, as of 11h, on the Poelaert Place. Placed under the sign of mobility, the Poelaert Place will be occupied by a whole of motorized machines having been used by Tintin, its friends and its enemies to move: cars of time, old tram, motor bike of the Thirties, outboard motor boat, helicopter, lunar rocket... In front of the Law courts, gendarmes and agents will carry their uniforms of before the reform of the police forces, for better resembling to their colleagues of time when Hergé drew.

The one day exposure - Thursday July 21, 10 with 24h, a secret place still held. An mini-exposure on one of the ignored aspects of the work of the Hergé Foundation: restoration of the originals of Hergé. A unique opportunity to see, inter alia, of the original boards of Tintin to the country of the Soviets!

The Race of "cases with soap - Thursday July 21, from 11 to 12 midnight, the Royal Place to the Mount of Arts the demon speed in all its beauty, in free wheel in the streets of the downtown area! A price of beauty will be allotted to the most beautiful "case with soap" Quick and Flupke..

The Marathon of the Cinema - Friday July 22, all the day, in the room M of Bozar, 23 Street Ravenstein. The entry is reserved for the carriers of the Badge. Projections in the open air are free. A packed selection of animated drawings, films of fiction and the documentary ones, holding account of public of age and different centers of interest. Night and at least two projections in the open air, Places Martyrs, are also with the program.

The dressed up Ball - Friday July 22, with the Hotel Metropolis, Place De Brouckère, of 20h with 5h of the morning. The entry is reserved for the carriers of the Badge. The number of places is limited. A ball dressed up on the topic of the universe of Hergé. Impossible to enter without costume or grimage! On the blow of midnight [heee heee!!], Mrs. Fanny Rodwell, assisted by a jury, will give the Price of the best costume.

The Postcard Quick and Flupke - saturdays July 23, starting from 10h in the Belgian Center of the data base, 20 Street of Sands. With the occasion of their 75ème birthday, Quick and Flupke, the characters of Brussels of Hergé, join the collection of postcards published by the Post office. The chart Quick and Flupke will be launched officially at a meeting of special obliteration [watch out for that!].

Convention - saturdays July 23, all the day, in Bozar, 23 Street Ravenstein, and the afternoon at the International House of the Literatures Passed Carried, 46 Street A. Dansaert. The entry is reserved for the carriers of the Badge. The serious part of the Festival! Not to bronze idiotic, one day supplements conferences, debates and round tables around several broad topics: Attention, works in progress!, Tintin, generator of passion and Tradutorri, traditori.

The Flea market - saturdays July 23, from 16 to 9 p.m.. The professionals and the amateurs can reserve on line a site. Hergé itself surveyed the Place of the Play of Ball, in sight "of an occasion", just like Tintin besides. In a single and exceptional way, the whole of the Old Market will accomodate gravers exclusively dedicated to the work and the universe of Hergé.

The Closing session - saturdays July 23 with 20h30, the Town hall of Brussels, Grand' Place. Tintin Festival will be enclosed by a reception in the Gothic Room of the Town hall. All details on www.tintin.com. Official badge of the Festival giving entered to all the activities: 10 euros. Free for less than 12 years. The Badge can be reserved in line and in all the stores of Fnac.

--------------

Well, that's pretty clear then!
jockosjungle
#10 · Posted: 29 May 2005 20:51
Wow it sounds like it would be really good to be honest, am I reading it wrong or are Quick and Flupke going to be immortalised in Cheese?

Definitely sounds like something that I would want to go to, anyone else planning on it? Looks like I can get a flight and hotel for about £300 for a week there (will want to do other Tintinny things before the festival) and it seems a reasonable price.

Maybe if a few people were going we could split the prices of rooms, etc.

I'll have to dig a costume up for the ball

Rik

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!