Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Asterix films on Nicktoons TV (UK)

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Richard
UK Correspondent
#11 · Posted: 10 Apr 2005 21:54
The books were recently republished in English with new colouring and inking, so Normans is available as hardback (£9.99) and paperback (£5.99), although Amazon Marketplace has the original version from as little as £1, or the new one from £2.21.
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#12 · Posted: 10 Apr 2005 22:08
With prices like that, I can't go wrong ! I think I'll pick up a copy from Amazon Marketplace, as my cash supplies are at an all-time low ! :(
Richard
UK Correspondent
#13 · Posted: 12 Apr 2005 16:57
I watched The Twelve Tasks of Asterix last night, and thought Obelix's voice sounded familiar. Is it the same chap who played Haddock in the English version of The Temple of the Sun film ?
Karaboudjan
#14 · Posted: 12 Apr 2005 18:52
I didn't like the cartoon films of 'Asterix'. While the live-action ones were passable, the animated Asterix's voice was horrible. Much too shrill.

Did anyone else own the PC ROM CD 'Asterix and Son'? It was a French and Spanish language learning CD, and it all focused around the 'Asterix and Son' story. I cheated- I'd never listen to it in French (which I was supposed to be learning); I'd listen to the entire story in English instead. The voices chosen there are the ones I always imagine when thinking about Asterix and his friends.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#15 · Posted: 28 May 2005 18:00
Asterix & Obelix : Mission Cleopatra was on this afternoon as the five afternoon film in the UK. For anyone who missed it, it was dubbed by American voice artists, but it was enjoyable to watch the film and understand all of it.

Sadly there were some unfortunate cuts, such as the scene where Obelix tows the Egyptian stone ships through the pirate ship and the joke about 'Caesar' being pronounced differently in English and French (which of course wouldn't work in translation). There was an amusing addition of the scribe saying he dreamt about speaking in French but hearing it in English, though.

It is finally planned for DVD release in the UK by Pathé Distribution Ltd. on the 18th of July 2005, RRP £12.99. I'm hoping there'll be a set of English subtitles and the original French language track on it, plus the restoration of the sublime destruction of the pirate ship by Obelix, but we'll have to wait and see ...

And for upcoming TV schedules, Asterix vs Caesar (the 1985 animated film) is on BBC 2 on Tuesday 31st May at 11am ; The Twelve Tasks of Asterix on Friday 3rd June, also at 11am.
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#16 · Posted: 30 May 2005 17:00
Urg ! I missed Asterix & Obelix : Mission Cleopatra ! :o( Looking forward to the other TV screenings, though !
Richard
UK Correspondent
#17 · Posted: 30 May 2005 23:38
Update on the DVD release of Mission Cleopatra : according to Play.com, the R2 UK DVD will feature both English and French soundtracks and optional English subtitles.

Also planned for release, a 6-disc boxed set of the animated films, featuring Asterix the Gaul, Asterix and Cleopatra, The Twelve Tasks of Asterix, Asterix vs. Caesar, Asterix in Britain and Asterix and the Big Fight. That's due on the 15th of August 2005, RRP £29.99. All of the films will also be available individually on the same date, RRP £9.99 each.
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#18 · Posted: 31 May 2005 21:19
Heh heh ... I'm half-wishing I hadn't bought half of the French editions earlier this year ! :o( Oh well !
Richard
UK Correspondent
#19 · Posted: 22 Jun 2005 22:06
Breaking news, by Toutatis !

Thomas Langmann, in conjunection with Pathé, have been given permission to make the third live-action film of the Gaul's adventures. Asterix at the Olympic Games is planned for release in late 2007-2008. Reports are a bit sketchy at the moment; the actor to play Astérix is still being chosen, as Clavier has decided to hang up his feathered helmet, but Depardieu will definitely reprise his role as Obélix. Non-confirmed actors include Alain Delon tipped to play Caesar, and Benoît Poelvoorde playing Brutus. The Muscles from Brussels, Jean-Claude Van Damme, is apparently interested in the role of Gluteus Maximus. The Indian actress Aishwarya Rai may also appear.

Filming is rumoured to begin in Tunisia and Morroco in May next year.
fritzette
#20 · Posted: 23 Jun 2005 09:01
Does anyone know if Asterix films come in VCDs? I remember watching Asterix cartoons through some VHS and Betamax tapes that my grandma borrowed from a video rental shop more than 10 years ago.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!