Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintin Festival in Brussels July 2005

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

jockosjungle
#11 · Posted: 31 May 2005 16:29
Well I just reserved a ticket for the festival and ball! I have to go and pick up the ticket at the Tintin shop in Brussels before the event.

Hopefully some more English translations will be forthcoming as at the moment my limited understanding of French means I'm not that sure what will be happening

Some more info in English...

A full Itinery

http://www.brusselsdiscovery.com/newsimages/4490/festival_tintin,_programme_provisoire_en.doc

On reading this document I am really looking forward to this, some fantastic events planned! They're properly going to town on some stuff, the Tintin market, the restoration and the movies are worth the trip alone. Easily worth 10 euros

If I offer to write an article on it do you think I could get press credentials?

I'll definitely get a costume for the ball, sadly I don't think i'll get a Q&F style go-kart on the plane!

Rik
jock123
#12 · Posted: 6 Jun 2005 15:19
Hi Rik!

How did you go about reserving your tickets? Was it straightforward? And have you decided on your costume yet?
jockosjungle
#13 · Posted: 6 Jun 2005 16:07
I reserved my ticket via the official festival site at (under the Commander section): http://store.tintin.com/club/festival.html

I just filled in my details and a CC number and it gives you a link to print out and take to the Tintin shop in Belgium (full address provided) where you pick up your pass, they e-mail you the link as well.

Seemed pretty straightforward but I won't know it worked OK until I pick up the pass.

Haven't decided on a costume as yet and I'm throwing around a few ideas bearing in mind I have to take the costume so my first idea of going as Spacesuit Tintin is right out.

I'm going to have a look through the books and see something that takes my fancy that is a little obscure

Any suggestions appreciated
Rik

--
UPDATES:
Posted: Jul 2, 2005 05:53:08
More is being added to the festival all the time. The Festival now closes with a concert of The Tintin Suite!
Rik

--
Posted: Jul 17, 2005 22:42:59
Off to the airport now! I'll keep you all updated if I get near any internet access.
Rik
marsbar
#14 · Posted: 18 Jul 2005 06:49
Have a safe trip to and from Brussels, and enjoy the Festival, Rik! We want a full report and lots of photos from you when you return. :-)
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#15 · Posted: 19 Jul 2005 18:01
This article has just appeared on the BBC News website: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts/4697385.stm

What struck me most was Nick Rodwell's assertion that in coming years the festival would be held "in Brussels, Belgium or abroad". Could it be coming to your country next?

Ed
Ayeshya
#16 · Posted: 20 Jul 2005 08:37
I would like to say that my son is a total TinTin Fan and has travelled out of Dubai last night. He travelled with my husband to Amsterdam and currently on a train making their way to Brussels. Can any one suggest if there is anyplace interesting for him to see. He is 9 years old.
marsbar
#17 · Posted: 20 Jul 2005 11:45
Welcome to our community, Ayeshya. :-)
As you have found your way to this thread, you must know that there is a Tintin Festival going on in Brussels right now, so be sure to tell your husband and son to visit the Grand-Place. Do check out the "Tintin stuff to do in Belgium" thread for more suggestions on fun places to visit.
Ayeshya
#18 · Posted: 20 Jul 2005 12:52
Hello Marsbar,

They have gone especially for the TinTin Festival and are staying at the hotel where the Fancy Ball will be taking place. Good prices off the internet for accommodation:-)
Richard
UK Correspondent
#19 · Posted: 23 Jul 2005 15:30
Whilst we're waiting for jockosjungle to return from the festival, there's a nice selection of photos here including the unveiled wall mural and some of the vehicles on display.
advnarayan
#20 · Posted: 24 Jul 2005 14:36
Hi
I just read about the Tintin festival to be conducted in Brussels- wow, wow, and double wow- I envy those who can make it over there. And friends, and those who have a say in the conduct of the festival shouldn’t Jean Pierre Talbot the actor who played Tintin in TINTIN AND THE BLUE ORANGES and TINTIN AND THE GOLDEN FLEECE be invited. I have his address and email ID. And I guess, I can post them here- then, Mr. Moderator & all the Administration Section guys- would I be breaking any rule if I post the address and email ID here????
Narayan

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!