Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Welcome to the Forums: Please introduce yourself!

Page  Page 2 of 52:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  49  50  51  52  Next » 

avitintin
#11 · Posted: 29 Mar 2004 02:11
Howdy Y'll,
My name is Avinash n I am from Sngapore 'The Sunny Island'. I am very sure most of you guys know Vishnu....Whell I am a very good friend of his! He was the one who introduced me to tintinologist. I am the same age as him and study in the same school as him.

I loved tintin since i first learnt to read. Actually it started like this.....I was very young and my parents were teaching me how to read. Then my parents wanted me to read a full book without thier help and they saw a tintin book lying on the floor!!! Well that is how it started.

I can speak fluent English and Hindi

Yours Truely,
Avinash
tintin4ever
#12 · Posted: 2 Apr 2004 02:45
Greetings from the U.S.!

I am Holly. I started reading Tintin when I was 8 years old in China. Tintin was the most popular comic series that were shared and "fought" for by my whole family. We had the entire collection in Chinese verstion back then. They worth a forture now, I heard. (Hope my brother kept them.)

Now, I don't read as much comics as before, but so happy to find www.tintin.com and www.tintinologist.org today! All those wonderful memories rush in...Tintin is still No. 1!!!

Well, here is a short introduction, I will be back soon.

Happy posting!
-- Holly
Milou
#13 · Posted: 2 Apr 2004 09:08
Hi I'm Crispin

I'm 46 but my faculties are still intact. Based in Essex (UK) I work in Marketing and have done so for about 20 years or so.

I first came into contact with TinTin in the 1960's when Children's TV reverberated with the sound of "Herge's Adventures of Tin Tin, Telehachete production in Belvision" or some such. This then prompted me to seek out the old Methuen published books form my library and from then on I was hooked. I think the first one I read was Tin Tin in Tibet or the Shooting Star (which ever one it was was actually in French). It didn't matter, the beautifully rendered drawings with Herge's wonderful attention to detail transcended any problems that I as an enthusiastic 8 or 9 year old had with idiomatic French.

I still have a great fondness for Tin Tin and that whole Bande Desinee tradition. I am especially looking forward to the Tin Tin exhibition at the National Maritime Museum.

Maybe I'll see you there

Bye for Now Crispin
icky_thoomp
#14 · Posted: 5 Apr 2004 04:39
Hi,

I'm Rob from Sydney, Australia. I've been a Tintin fan since primary school.

My interest in Tintin was revived by my sister who visited Belgium and bought me a T-shirt with Tintin and Snowy on it. From there I have collected all 21 regular editions and am now trying to get the Soviets and Congo editions. Wish me luck!

Favourite Tintin book - King Ottokar's Sceptre.
Lazuli
#15 · Posted: 5 Apr 2004 14:07
Hi, I'm Patrick from San Francisco.

Where should I start? Well, I first discovred Tintin around 12 when I had to accompany my mother fo my sister's parent-teacher interview in school. While they chatted about her grades all night, I was free to roam about th room when, lo and behold, I bumped into a rack of books with a copy of Explorers on the Moon. Even though I didn't know any of the characters in the book, (a talking dog? identical twins with giant green beards? i see...) I got hooked, and the rest is history.

My email's redsnow900[at]hotmail.com, in case you're wondering.
Fave Tintin book : The Shooting Star (i liked the pacing of the story)
aquarist
#16 · Posted: 12 Apr 2004 13:42
My favorite Tintin album: Prisoners Of The Sun

Hi Avinash and Vishnu!
Glad to see you're here Avinash.
Please reply.........

By the way, does anyone know that there is The Tintin Games Book?
Has anyone seen it anywhere?
Harrock n roll
#17 · Posted: 21 Apr 2004 03:05
I'm Chris, 37 years young. I became a Tintin devotee at the age of 7 when my dad bought me Prisoners of the Sun. I had to wait quite a while to find out why Calculus was kidnapped in the first place - but that didn't spoil it, and it's still my fave!

I work (sometimes honest!) as a freelance graphic designer for various book publishers. I can also turn my hand to a bit of carpentry, which I did for 12 years. I also had the great fortune to work at the Tintin 60 years exhibition, back in '89, which enabled me to become more aquainted with our hero.

I also play and write music, and I play in a band called King Kandy. We made an album a couple of years ago, and you can hear bits of it at our website. I'm the goodlooking one in the light grey T-shirt! We recently recorded an EP or mini album if you prefer, and when it's released you can stop me and buy one.

I live in Camden Town, London with a my girlfreind (German), a flatmate (Swedish) and cat "Busy" (Burmese).

Other indulgences include The Beatles, Peter Cook & Dudley Moore, Jacques Tati, Akira Kurosawa, Frank by jim Woodring, Phoenix Nights, Arsenal, Star Trek and gardening.

Chris
kirthiboy
#18 · Posted: 24 Apr 2004 15:34
I'm Kirthy Iyer - I have been a member of The Cult of Tintin (i.e. this web site) for quite long since it started in the mid-90s, though I know much more older members exist here too.

Tintin was introduced in my life by my elder brother. I was always into drawing, so I fell in love with Tintin instantly. My first album was "The Red Sea Sharks" and "Tintin in America". Then I started collecting every album on my birthday. I was not a demanding child, so parents knew one Tintin album would be enough to keep me happy for a whole year.

My favourite albums of Tintin are "The Seven Crystal Balls" and "Cigars of the Pharaoh".

In my childhood, I always used to wonder from the backcover of the Tintin albums I have, what the other stories must be about; for example: I used to imagine Tintin fights a dragon in "The Blue Lotus", but the actual story turned out to be totally different.

I also liked Jo, Zette and Jocko, though Herge never liked those characters much.

I love the Herge's style of drawing - and especially his humor and the way story goes.

I believe Tintin has always been my real strength for who I am and what I do. I have always learned to value friendship and help people in times of danger. The thirst for adventure that I have is also due to Tintin. And I particularly love Snowy (I love animals in general).

Besides all this, I am a 3D Animator. I also enjoy editing games, and I have been an animator for the mod "Project ROR" (a mod of warcraft game).

I love animation, sketching, acting and entertaining people in anyway possible (even if I have to juggle!)

I also love reading whatever interesting I find from fantasy books to comics. I love reading all Marvel comics, DC Comics, Asterix, Harry Potter, etc.

Feel free to contact me at kirthiboy[at]hotmail.com thru MSN Messenger as I don't use the email much.

I am usually busy with animating characters or listening to the radio.

Lastly, tintinologist.org [aka COT] is the best Tintin resource I have ever seen.

Cheers,
Kirthy
Blunderbuss
#19 · Posted: 29 Apr 2004 22:23
I'm Simon, a Brit studying English and American Literature at university at the moment. I first came across Tintin at about ten years old, when my mum (who enjoyed Tintin stories when she was younger) bought me 'The Castafiore Emerald'. I suppose I had a short attention span because I wasn't that taken with it to begin with, but eventually I gave it a chance (if I remember correctly, prompted by seeing a bit of a Nelvana episode).

I really loved it and started building up a collection of the books over time. I think my favourite might be 'The Calculus Affair' or 'The Seven Crystal Balls' but it is rather hard to choose between them all. There's a few I've not read in a long time to be honest - I do need to refresh my memory.

Other Tintin merchandise I own includes a few T-shirts, a Snowy plush doll, and a smallish cardboard cut-out of Tintin and Snowy (a bit battered now). I hope to get some Tintin book cover posters when I can find some (probably Tibet and Lotus, two of my favourite covers).

I think sometimes people are a bit taken aback by people other than children reading a Tintin book or still being fans, which is a shame, as I really don't see why comic books, a marriage of text and pictures (both of which are enjoyed separately) to tell stories, should be a purely childish thing. Especially a comic book as excellently drawn, plotted, and characterised as a Tintin story.

Cheers,
Blunderbuss (I might have been Bashi-bazouk but hyphens weren't allowed)
GurraJG
#20 · Posted: 2 May 2004 19:30
My name is Gustav, and I'm 15, and I live in Stockholm, Sweden. I just found out about this site and decided to join, as I like Tintin (and now they are giving them out again in Sweden, with new translations and all). I don't really know which my favorite album would be, but I like King Ottokars Sceptre and Blå Lotus (The Blue Lotus in Swedish).

Page  Page 2 of 52:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  49  50  51  52  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!