Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintin Annual

Page  Page 1 of 4:  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Richard
UK Correspondent
#1 · Posted: 11 Jun 2005 22:47
According to The Tintin Shop's site an annual is due to be released at the end of June. It will contain "games to play, quizzes and puzzles, fascinating facts, treasure-hunt story and things to make", according to the cover on the site. It seems to be aimed at the younger audience, but I'll still be picking up a copy ! I'm intrigued by the "full-length adventure story" - an adaptation of one of the albums (Red Rackham's Treasure, maybe, for the treasure-hunt idea) or a new story ?

Price £9.99 ; in English, looks like a hardback book and since it has "album 1" on the front, there may be more to come ...
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#2 · Posted: 11 Jun 2005 23:12
I want one, too ! ;o) I wonder what the full-length adventure will be ! It's a bit strange, is it not, only being previewed close to the release ?

Looks great, anyway ... I shall be ordering a copy !
I_love_Snowy
#3 · Posted: 12 Jun 2005 07:00
Hello, this is not really related to Tintin annual (even though I want one, how do I order?) but, I thought I'd post this [-snip-]
Bye!
Roni

--
[Moderator action: off topic comments removed.]
Moderator note: Hello, Roni. Please stick to the topic. And also, please note that, for legal reasons, we do not allow linking to sites that offer unauthorized Tintin-themed material for download. Your following the forum rules will help keep us all out of trouble with the law. Thanks!]
jockosjungle
#4 · Posted: 12 Jun 2005 08:12
Looks interesting, consider one ordered here!

It being an annual 1 does seem to imply it's going to be a yearly thing.

Anyone seen any information of this being released in Belgium or other English online retailers, or is it a Tintin Shop thing? Just looked on the official website and there is a short news article about it and the picture shown is in French

Nothing on Amazon about it so I stuck in an order at the Tintin shop!

Full lengh adventure does sound interesting, surely it'll be one of the existing ones? Looking at the cover it is referred to as Album 1 rather than Annual 1, it could be that this is going to be Soviets and they will release all 24 like this?

Rik
Richard
UK Correspondent
#5 · Posted: 12 Jun 2005 12:29
A bit more info from Fnac - it's a softback book, published by Éditions Moulinsart, and obviously in full colour. The French edition has the ISBN 2874240648, and seems to be available already as its dispatch time is 4-8 days ... oh, and there's a free magnet with every copy !

It seems an odd time to release an annual, in June, but I suppose good for the kids on school holidays. Looks like it could be this generation's Tintin Action Playbooks or The Tintin Games Book. It sounds interesting, anyway, and I'm very interested by the full-length adventure - for the issue of whether Tintin could work in prose format (see this thread), this could be the answer.
jock123
#6 · Posted: 12 Jun 2005 19:32
Richard
I'm very interested by the full-length adventure - for the issue of whether Tintin could work in prose format, this could be the answer.

I think by far the more likely scenario is that it will be based on existing material, and we will see one of the regular books repurposed for this annual, with perhaps the games and makes arranged to tie in to features of the story. I doubt it will contain any new Tintin story material.
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#7 · Posted: 13 Jun 2005 11:34
This does sound interesting, I'll be eagerly awaiting my copy.

Those of you who have ordered it may have received an email from the Tintin Shop saying that they expect the stock to be delivered in two weeks.

According to amazon.fr, it's written by Guy Harvey and Simon Beecroft, and will have 68 pages.

Ed
jockosjungle
#8 · Posted: 13 Jun 2005 16:30
Considering a normal album runs to 62 pages if it has a full story in there that is not much room for any puzzles and games!

Got the e-mail from Tintin shop as well

Rik
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#9 · Posted: 13 Jun 2005 22:57
Strangely, the French edition doesn't say 'Album 1' ... just a difference in design, I assume ?
jock123
#10 · Posted: 14 Jun 2005 10:36
Anybody able to tell me what “Appel à tous les détectives en herbe!” means, please? It appears in the Amazon.fr editorial description, and I suspect that it isn’t really “calling all the grass detectives”…

…Unless Tintin is off on another drugs bust?

Page  Page 1 of 4:  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!