Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintin Annual

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#11 · Posted: 14 Jun 2005 10:42
I seem to remember that "en herbe" means "unripe" or "ripening", so I take it to mean "Calling all budding detectives". Perhaps a native Francophone could confirm this?

Ed
Harrock n roll
#12 · Posted: 14 Jun 2005 10:45
My French/English dictionary has en herbe = budding. So “calling all budding detectives”

Ah, I see Ed was very sharpish with his reply!
jock123
#13 · Posted: 14 Jun 2005 16:07
Thanks, chaps - you touch your marbles!
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#14 · Posted: 16 Jun 2005 16:57
I noticed that the page for the annual on the website no longer says coming soon ... so I got in touch with The Tintin Shop regarding the release date, and I was told that the annuals should be dispatched either tomorrow or over the weekend !

One happy tintinologist here, anyway ! :o)
edcharlesadams
#15 · Posted: 18 Jun 2005 09:00
I was told that the annuals should be dispatched either tomorrow or over the weekend

You were right Oliver, my copy arrived this morning!

It's published by Egmont so why it hasn't appeared on Amazon I can't say.

It is aimed at a younger audience as was thought. There are plenty of games, and these seem much more integrated into the stories than previously seen in "The Tintin Games Book". It seems like there's an equal mix of games, quizzes, facts and activities.

The "full-length adventure story" is a simple retelling of Red Rackham's Treasure as Richard predicted, though with a bit of The Secret of the Unicorn thrown in as background. It's a very pared-down version, mostly describing the key scenes of the book and linking them together with a simple text that dispenses with most of the details.

The book is very graphics-heavy and a lot of time and effort must have gone into the art design, which is impressive, and the reproduction of the images is still good even at many times their normal size. It's certainly a great book to look at, even if for older readers it will only appeal to completists. Still if you've got a young relative who's a Tintin fan, I expect they'd love it.

Ed

Edit: before I forget, my copy came with a flat fridge magnet. Did anyone else's, and do you think every book includes one or has the Tintin Shop taken to giving them away for free?
jockosjungle
#16 · Posted: 19 Jun 2005 06:02
Got my copy yesterday also!

I spent a fun 30 minutes doing all the puzzles, etc. A couple of them were quite tricky tbh.

Mine came with a Castafiore fridge magnet slipped inside the book, looks like a free gift to me

Rik
OJG
#17 · Posted: 19 Jun 2005 06:39
I'll be sure to look out for this annual, or should I say these annuals.
edcharlesadams
#18 · Posted: 21 Jun 2005 22:43
my copy came with a flat fridge magnet. Did anyone else's, and do you think every book includes one or has the Tintin Shop taken to giving them away for free?

I've just noticed that one design for the front cover on Tintin.com includes the words "un magnet gratuit", so it seems that each copy comes with a free one.

Ed
jock123
#19 · Posted: 1 Sep 2005 21:45
I didn’t get one! I bought mine at the Covent Garden shop, and forgot to ask about a magnet. They only had one on show on a stand on the counter, which either means that the books are selling very well, or that they aren’t on the ball (I thought the stock was looking very tired, and really in need of some refreshing).

I was wondering how much of the content was re-printed from other books? Not just the re-use of Hergé’s illustrations, I mean things like the “How to Draw Tintin” section, which is lifted from the French “how-to” books.
edcharlesadams
#20 · Posted: 24 May 2006 16:15
According to amazon.co.uk and several other online bookshops, Last Gasp will be bringing out a paperback edition in November.

Ed

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!