Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Screenings of Tintin films

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Harrock n roll
#11 · Posted: 1 Jul 2005 11:55
Richard ...broadcast as Tintin and the Golden Treasure on BBC1 on the 1st of May 1978

Blimey, I remember this! I even recall it was a Bank Holday Monday!
Richard
UK Correspondent
#12 · Posted: 1 Jul 2005 20:57
Okay, got a reply from five. Apparently they don't own the rights to any of the Tintin films or series, and it's now in the hands of Canal+ in France. Seems rather odd that no UK channel currently has the rights to screen the adventures. Anyway, Canal+'s address is :

Canal+ Productions
6 Boulevard De La Republique
Boulonge Billancourt Cedex
France

A bit of a disappointment, really !
jockosjungle
#13 · Posted: 1 Jul 2005 21:48
No offence but how would C5 know who held the rights to the movies? Sounds like the sort of thing Canal+ would have made though but it doesn;t mean that another channel doesn't own the rights

Maybe we should buy the rights to the movie and release a DVD

Rik
Richard
UK Correspondent
#14 · Posted: 1 Jul 2005 22:20
It's odd, I agree, but they do seem to be involving themselves more in film distribution these days. Canal+ didn't even exist when the films were made, so I suppose they've snapped up the rights. I'm surprised that no UK channel is screening the cartoons over summer, they were a staple part of holiday television viewing for me. Now that five haven't got them, I can't see any of the terrestrial channels broadcasting the series, so I suppose we must look to Sky.

I'm not giving up on finding Tintin and the Golden Fleece, so I've just rattled off an email to the National Museum of Photography, Film & Television. If they haven't got a copy, they may be able to point me in the right direction - fingers crossed !
jock123
#15 · Posted: 2 Jul 2005 12:18
jockosjungle
No offence but how would C5 know who held the rights to the movies?

I’d imagine that as a broadcaster they have access to all the tools needed to find out what rights are assigned where - directories, databases etc. Also it is their business to know such things - I know a guy who manages a large UK DVD company, and he can tell you off the top of his head who owns rights to thousands of movies and TV series, just because it is something he deals with every day.

I think you may also be thinking of Canal+ as being nothing more than a broadcaster itself - they are in fact an enormous media company which owns and exploits rights in many many properties: they own all the ITC programmes (The Avengers, The Saint etc.) for example. So it isn’t so much that Canal+ are the TV company with the rights, so much as they probably own the film.
Pilote
#16 · Posted: 10 Oct 2005 11:57
Yes, i had posted this elsewhere but this is where it should be, Tintin and the Blue Oranges was shown on Channel 10 a few times in Sydney around the late 70's - early 80's. It was dubbed in English.

Tintin and the Golden Fleece, as pointed out before, on SBS. Subtitled.

Also, SBS showed the belvision series during a international children programming timeslot they had when they first went to air. English.

And Channel 10 has also shown, on numerous occasions Tintin and the Lakes of Sharks. English.

UPDATE:
Posted: Oct 10, 2005 04:13:45
I did a search on GOOGLE to see if i could find an archive of TV WEEK (Australia's TV Guide weekly magazine) so i could find a time frame that the Blue Oranges was shown. I haven't found that yet but i found something else interesting in the meantime:

[BEGIN QUOTE]
Oi: Society of Australian Cinema (Sydney)
Industry night 3 Aug 3 sydney
***HOT*** Doing Business with the ABC sessions
Nescafe Film 'Score' Media Release
REELIFE FILM FESTIVAL MEDIA RELEASE
Upcoming Events at FTI (WA)
Greenfilm aug 6 melbourne.
Brekfest film & music fest 4 aug syd
REELIFE FILM FESTIVAL - Sep 29 SYD
THE BACKYARD screens at MIFF Aug 4
*** Screening:TINTIN & THE BLUE ORANGES ('64)+shorts [Melb]: ***
The Big Issue International Film Festival
ASDA CONFERENCE 14-15 sep - SYDNEY
[END QUOTE]

So it was shown in Melbourne in 2002.

--
[Post edited by Moderator (marsbar)- combined 2 consecutive posts.]

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!