Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: Hergé's cameos ("The Blond Man")

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Jack_Bauer
#1 · Posted: 14 Jul 2004 13:49
Moderator Note: Combined two similar threads

Sorry if this is old news ( probably is), but I recently bought the Tintin 75th box set on dvd, and was delighted to see Hergé himself appear randomly throughout the whole series!

Anyone else catch him everywhere?

James
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 15 Jul 2004 12:20
For more info you should check out the Hergé Cameos guide on this site.

Jack Bauer from 24, no?
Davies
#3 · Posted: 13 Aug 2004 05:27
I have noticed that too!

In fact, he actually spoke in The Broken Ear during the scene where he took a photograph of a glass cabinet. The voice was probably done by someone else!

Does anyone else know of any other speaking parts?
OJG
#4 · Posted: 13 Aug 2004 12:47
You mean that guy with the blond hair?
Yeah, I noticed that too. I was actually going to post a topic on here about that but didn't get round to it. I hadn't thought that it could be a tribute to Hergé, but it does look like a fair resemblance.

Do you mean the guy that looks into Tintin's carriage on the train in The Black Island, and appears as one of the doctors seen with Krollspell at the end of Flight 714? We all think of Tintin as a globetrotter, but this guy gets everywhere as well!

The only ones I can't remember seeing him in are the two Moon stories, but he probably appears somewhere in them too. I think he's in every other one.
Big Ren
#5 · Posted: 13 Aug 2004 14:24
A cartoon version of Hergé also appears at the beginning of the 1969 Prisoners of the Sun animated film.
Tintinrulz
#6 · Posted: 14 Aug 2004 01:46
I think I remember Hergé as one of the draughtsmen in Destination Moon.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#7 · Posted: 14 Aug 2004 20:18
He also appears at the end of Explorers on the Moon, when Baxter and a couple of other technicians cut into the rocket and enter it once it's landed back on Earth.
decimusphostle
#8 · Posted: 9 Sep 2004 04:20
Davies:
he actually spoke in The Broken Ear

He also talks in The Crab With The Golden Claws, where he appears as a reporter: "How does it feel to be a hero, Mr. Tintin?"
finlay
#9 · Posted: 12 Sep 2004 13:21
Richard:
He also appears at the end of Explorers on the Moon

And he also appears halfway through that one; when they land on the moon he randomly and conspicuosly appears next to Baxter. I really felt that there they could have had a bigger crowd around them.
number1fan
#10 · Posted: 4 Jul 2005 09:23
Has anybody noticed in The Crab with the Golden Claws that when the Japanese policeman posts a letter to Tintin, next to it says Hergé?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!