Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Existing Tintin Movies: General discussion

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

jockosjungle
#11 · Posted: 3 Jul 2005 10:35
Don't forget that people can add credits to the IMDB, they're not always necessarily true. I remember someone credited Normal Lovett as the voice of Davros in the series finale of Doctor Who, caused quite a stir until it was pointed out that anyone can do this.

Rik
Karaboudjan
#12 · Posted: 4 Jul 2005 11:46
All you'll have to do is stand in an echo chamber. I could do it (not that I plan to, however much I love Dr Who).
Harrock n roll
#13 · Posted: 4 Jul 2005 14:56
Re: Lenny Henry’s alleged appearance in Tintin et les Oranges Bleues.

I completely agree that databases are not always accurate, especially those that allow people to contribute data – IMDB, Wikipedia, etc. I’ll just mention again that the info about Mr Henry was from the Screenonline British Film Institute site that can’t be added to (which doesn’t make it correct, of course.) The date given for the ‘appearance’ was 1970 although the film was 1964 (I think the English version was ’65?) so it could be complete rubbish (or was it even a stage version? Lenny would have been 11 or 12 then; a more believable age?)

In an attempt to resolve these burning questions I’ve asked Lenny myself via the contact form on his site (!) and I expect a reply within the next 2 or 3 years ;)
John Sewell
#14 · Posted: 5 Jul 2005 12:46
I'd say it was very unlikely to be Laughin' Len - He didn't appear on the scene until 1975, when he won the New Faces TV talent show at the age of 16. Prior to that, he was studying engineering at technical college, and it was only after winning NF that he quit to pursue a showbiz career.

Maybe there was another Lenny Henry around at the turn of the 70s, doing voiceover work, or maybe someone's just having a bit of fun! I suspect the latter - could be the beginning of an urban legend like the one about Bob Holness playing sax on Gerry Rafferty's 'Baker Street' - totally untrue, but still gets mentioned from time to time! (Bob definitely was James Bond before Sean Connery though, but only on the radio!)
jock123
#15 · Posted: 5 Jul 2005 16:32
John Sewell
an urban legend like the one about Bob Holness playing sax on Gerry Rafferty's 'Baker Street'

I think it was to The Guardian that Bob Holness wrote in order to scotch the rumour once and for all that he played the sax on Baker Street; however he left open to question who exactly it was who made Elvis laugh during Are You Lonesome Tonight?… ;-)

He apparently sometimes denies it by saying that whoever asks him is confusing the sax solo on Baker Street with his lead guitar work on Layla…

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!