Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Destination Moon: post launch trauma

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

John Sewell
#11 · Posted: 5 Jul 2005 12:56
jockosjungle
Well the take off and landing was all fictional at the time and Herge had no reference of comparison.

There's a lot of similar stuff in US science fiction movies of the same period, most notably Destination Moon (which shares more than a title with Tintin - the rocket designs are very similar, and there's a humanist character amongst all the scientists who's prepared to leave the rocket so that the others can make it back alive) and Conquest Of Space. Lots of unintentionally funny shots of square-jawed American actors grimacing and gurning under high-powered air hoses to simulate the Gs!
Danagasta
#12 · Posted: 5 Jul 2005 18:18
I think those machines give something like the equivalent of 3 or 4 Gs in centrifugal force, probably not safe to experience for more than a couple of minutes!
Oooooops....and to think I went on at least five times per carnival day...THAT explains my scrambled brain!

Courtney

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!