Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Flight 714: Tupolev Tu-134 vs the Carreidas 160

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

jock123
#11 · Posted: 16 Jul 2005 12:00
I’ve looked at your reference pics, snafu, and compared them with the Falcon, and the picture of the 160 in flight which Yamilah referenced, and the Tu-134 just doesn’t stack up as a contender to me - it is obviously a different class of machine, a large airliner as opposed to an executive jet.

Working from the illustration of the 160 banking over the island, I am also confused by your assertion that the Carriedas has eight wheels on its landing gear - it looks to be four in the picture (I don’t have the book to hand, so I can’t check if that’s some kind of spatio-landing-gear fault ;-)) - two on each side (you can see the beam connecting the off side wheels, and if there were two pairs there you shouldn’t be able to).

Also, the fact that on the model page the guy who actually built the model pictured did it using a Dassault model kit, and the fact that the Carriedas character is based on the manufacturer of the Falcon, and I have to come down on the Dassault side.
snafu
#12 · Posted: 17 Jul 2005 01:47
By "8 wheels on its landing gear" I meant that meant four per set of wheels (rear set; or we could call them "legs"...is that the correct terminology?).

BTW, do Dassaults have stinger tail axles? I know the Tu-134 does.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying anything. I hope the discussion was interesting.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#13 · Posted: 13 Aug 2005 19:26
And in a slightly different take on the affair, I just came across this article discussing the proposed design of a supersonic business jet, planned for 2011 and costing roughly $80 million. The website for the Aerion company, in English, can be found here.
Henri Fourcart
#14 · Posted: 14 Aug 2005 22:41
Dassault seems about right.
Which nationality is Carreidas anyway? This is never discussed in 714 to the best of my knowledge.
It could give us a clue, but the fact he was based on Marcel Dassault is a major point for the pro-Dassault camp.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!