Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Land of Black Gold: Facsimile of the first French colour edition?

chuckmaster83
#1 · Posted: 21 Jul 2005 16:11
I believe that some of the first color editions have been reprinted in France. I was wondering if there has been such a reprint of "Land of the Black Gold," and if so, can anybody provide an ISBN (if possible)

Thanks,
Chuck
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 21 Jul 2005 16:48
There has indeed been a reprint of the first colour edition. The details of the book are :

Tintin au pays de l'or noir (fac-similé de l'édition originale de 1950)
Author : Hergé
Language : French
Publisher : Casterman (10th September 2004)
Format : Hardback - 62 pages
ISBN : 2203011408
The relevant Amazon.fr page is here.

Enjoy the book !
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#3 · Posted: 21 Jul 2005 20:36
Publisher : Casterman (10th September 2004)

That's odd, I know I bought my copy in 2001. Not that I'm doubting you Richard, perhaps the date on Amazon is wrong?

Ed
Richard
UK Correspondent
#4 · Posted: 21 Jul 2005 22:49
No, it's a correct date. For some reason - popularity, I assume - it was reprinted, yet the new publication date replaced the original. My copy is also one of the 2000 printings, so I don't know if there were any differences between that and the 2004 edition.
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#5 · Posted: 22 Jul 2005 00:00
Strange then that Amazon doesn't have a record for the 2000 printing. I assume that there would be no difference since they both purport to be facsimiles of the 1950 edition. And I suppose it's no surprise that it's quite a popular facsimile given the extensive changes made in 1971.

Ed

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!