Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

First Tintin book you ever read?

Page  Page 3 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11  12  Next » 

Noir
#21 · Posted: 28 Dec 2004 13:48
I almost forgot. But It possibly The Crab with the Golden Claws or The Secret of the Unicorn.

It was a very long time.
skut
#22 · Posted: 29 Dec 2004 21:21
I forget what was the first book - my introduction to Tintin was in the kids magazine Children's Digest in the late 1970s. Children's Digest was like Reader's Digest - articles and excerpts from kids books. They serialized Tintin from the late 1960s until the early 1980s. Every month there was about 6 pages from one of the books, reproduced in black & white. What I remember is trying to collect all of the back issues so that I could read a complete adventure - all I saw were bits and pieces. It didn't occur to me that there were books until a couple of years later! I saved up my allowance after that and bought them all one by one. And I just bought the latest one - the new version of Tintin And Alph-Art - yesterday!
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#23 · Posted: 29 Dec 2004 21:46
The first Tintin book I read was 'The Blue Lotus' - I started reading it just because I liked the cover - followed by the Moon books.
MoonRocket
#24 · Posted: 30 Dec 2004 04:49
It was either "Explorers on the Moon" or "Tintin In America." It must have been "Explorers" because we had it for years, when my dad picked up a battered Golden Press copy at a yard sale. I actually learned to read off of these two books, as my dad read them to me when I was very young.
moulinsard
#25 · Posted: 1 Jan 2005 22:03
I was given Red Rackham's Treasure and the Secret of the Unicorn for my 7th birthday and that was it - I loved Tintin!
Scoot
#26 · Posted: 5 Jan 2005 13:28
It was either the Broken Ear or Prisoners of the Sun - I know this because I still have the old Methuen copies, falling to bits but complete. And, strangely, my copy of Broken Ear has 'Tintin and the Broken Ear' as its title, rather than the current version, which seems to be called simply, 'The Broken Ear.'

Aye
harishankar
#27 · Posted: 8 Jan 2005 08:26
Hello everybody! I'm new here!

My first Tintin book was "The Seven Crystal Balls". It remains to me to be one of the strangest and eerie books among all the Tintin albums. The atmosphere is one of the most subdued among all the books.
snafu
#28 · Posted: 20 Feb 2005 05:27
A relatively complete sequence of the Tintin adventures I saw. In most cases I bought several books at once:

Early 1993: "Red Rackham's Treasure" and "The Red Sea Sharks"
Late 1993-1994: "The Black Island", "King Ottokar's Sceptre", "The Blue Lotus", "Tintin in America", "The Crab with the Golden Claws", "The Calculus Affair", "Tintin in Tibet", "Tintin and the Picaros"
1995: "The Shooting Star", "Cigars of the Pharaoh" (Part of a 3-in-1 volume)
1996-1997: "The Broken Ear" "The Secret of The Unicorn", "The Seven Crystal Balls", "Prisoners of the Sun", "The Land of Black Gold", "Destination Moon", "Explorers on the Moon" (all in 3-in-1 volumes)
July 1997: "Flight 714" and "The Castafiore Emerald"
July 2004: Borrowed "Tintin in the Land of the Soviets"
fatwasp
#29 · Posted: 31 Jul 2005 18:00
I can't really remember but i'm pretty sure it was Prisoners of the Sun. That got me hooked into digging out my the rest of my Dad's collection; the rest as they say, is history.
Ramona
#30 · Posted: 3 Aug 2005 00:34
Hi i am new here and i want to put in my first tintin book that i have ever read. It was called the calculus affair and i was about 9 years when i read it. It took me over an hour to read it by i enjoyed it. it was only recently (i am 21 years old now) that i found tintin books in the bookstore. I live in the usa and now i have collected many of the albums!

Page  Page 3 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11  12  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!