Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Audio adventures of Tintin: The BBC Radio Series

Page  Page 1 of 9:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#1 · Posted: 17 Feb 2004 18:51
"BBC has produced ten adventures of Tintin for the radio. The series is available on audio tapes as well as on CD (two double CDs)"

I've never seen these on CD and I'm wondering where they're available ...
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 17 Feb 2004 21:01
You can apparently buy them from a site called ABC Shop, at a price of AU$74.95 for 'Tintin - The Collection', which contains all ten episodes spread over 6 CD's. The page for this is http://shop.abc.net.au/browse/product.asp?productid=229570
Tintinrulz
#3 · Posted: 17 Feb 2004 23:28
I've listened to those Tintin radio adventures, they aren't too bad either. I borrowed them from my local library and was suprised how well they were done. It is a different experience when you don't have the visuals presented on the surface at you (like TV) though.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#4 · Posted: 18 Feb 2004 01:08
I was very impressed by them as well (only got them on that most outdated of formats, the 'audio cassette'). The first series (appearing on the 'Six Adventures of Tintin' volume) seemed a little rushed in parts, and the adapters were still finding their feet. The second series was excellent, in my opinion - music just right, voice artists spot on, good pacing of stories and respectful to the original material in not making many cuts. It's just a shame that a third series was never produced.
marsbar
#5 · Posted: 18 Feb 2004 10:09
The ABC (The Australian Broadcasting Corporation) Shop would have the CDs, of course. I got my Tintin videos from them some years back. And recently the ABC (TV) repeated the Nelvana series.
Shougo_Kawada
#6 · Posted: 23 May 2004 14:03
Do you know anywhere in England where I can buy this?
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#7 · Posted: 23 May 2004 17:40
The tapes are usually available in good bookshops that stock audiobooks, such as Waterstone's and Ottakar's. Amazon.co.uk doesn't sell them themselves but their Marketplace section currently has them. Good luck!
beinke
#8 · Posted: 17 Oct 2004 07:28
Yeah, i saw the CD's in the ABC shop about a year ago when looking for the VHS tapes. Only about $50. Whent there again recently and they were gone. Bummer, i wanted to get them now.
finlay
#9 · Posted: 24 Oct 2004 12:20
Spun off from Audio Adventures: Adaptations from around the World

Pelaphus:
I have the 10 stories as adapted by Simon Eastwood for BBC Radio (and issued on two double-cassette sets) which are interesting and generally smart renderings…

I got them years ago and I've listened to them like a thousand and one times (but not recently).
Adam
#10 · Posted: 8 Nov 2004 06:58
I have the 10 stories as adapted by Simon Eastwood for BBC Radio (and issued on two double-cassette sets) which are interesting and generally smart renderings
Yep I have'em too! Love em i wish I could get more of them. I've been listening lately, at night, as I've recently got back into TinTin with the release of the DVD collection. Anywho I'd love to know where I could get more episodes, I quite like the BBC production.
Does anybody know anything about any of these recordings? History? Casts? Quality?
I only know the cast for the BBC (Simon Eastwood) production, the cast I know from memory:
TinTin- Richard Pearce
Snowy- Andrew Sachs
Captain Haddock- Leo McKern
The Thompsons- Charles Kay
Calculus- Stephen Moore

The music's by Roger Lim and it's a John Yorke production. That's about it I'm afraid.

Page  Page 1 of 9:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!