Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Anchor Bay: New Tintin Movie DVD box set (Nov 2005)

Page  Page 2 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

jockosjungle
#11 · Posted: 6 Aug 2005 09:02
Here is a link to the original article way back in April 04

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=11318

It looks like it will probably be released on the Kids label, hence a wide variety of extras and soundtrack options are unlikely I would imagine

Rik
USA_TinTin_fan
#12 · Posted: 10 Aug 2005 02:07
man, that'd be cool to see the live-action adaptations in english subs (and maybe a recorded version of the previous on-stage performance, maybe?)
Richard
UK Correspondent
#13 · Posted: 15 Aug 2005 22:12
Slight update - according to Anchor Bay, it's due for release on the 14th of November, and it'll be a three disc box set. Make of that what you will ...
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#14 · Posted: 16 Aug 2005 20:03
A special feature disc ? Although, going on Anchor Bay's record, that doesn't seem likely ...
jockosjungle
#15 · Posted: 17 Aug 2005 21:32
Doesn't seem the films are worthy of Special Features to be honest, no idea what could be on the third disk. Unless it is possibly Tintin et Moi

Rik
Richard
UK Correspondent
#16 · Posted: 21 Aug 2005 17:46
Well, Play.com have the box set listed, with description. Apparently it'll contain :

1. Mystery of Shark Lake
2. Prisoners of the Sun
3. The Calculus Affair

So if that's right, no live action films :(. A bit of a disappointment, that - I much prefer Muller's list of titles. There's still nothing on Anchor Bay's site in the way of a list of titles, but according to Play.com the release date is the 22nd of November.

Oh, and there's a free copy of Tintin et Moi while stocks last.
jockosjungle
#17 · Posted: 21 Aug 2005 20:01
Well I stuck in an order at Play.com! Not what we were all hoping for admittedly but great to see some new Tintin releases

Rik
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#18 · Posted: 22 Aug 2005 19:49
That is a bit of a disappointment, but as Rik said it's still nice to see some Tintin films being released on DVD. I wonder whether The Calculus Affair / Case will be the Five version, or the Virgin Video version ...
Muller
#19 · Posted: 22 Aug 2005 20:31
I wonder whether The Calculus Affair / Case will be the Five version, or the Virgin Video version ...

What's the differnence exactly?
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#20 · Posted: 22 Aug 2005 20:58
The Five version used British voice artists (incidentally the same ones as the Temple of the Sun movie), whereas the Virgin Video release featured different voice artists. The wording of each was also slightly different, for example, the name of Calculus' invention was different ; in the Virgin Video edition, it was referred to as 'No-Noise Nelly' - in the Five version it was known as 'Silly' (interestingly producing the response from the Captain of "Who's silly ?") :o)

Page  Page 2 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!