Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin coming to mobile phones

jockosjungle
#1 · Posted: 25 Jul 2005 21:12
Hi all

Thought I'd post a piece of news I picked up at the Festival.

A company in Japan is going to start distributing Tintin albums via 3G Mobile Phone technology in Japan from November. Basically you download the album and can peruse it at your leisure for 30 days, you can zoom in on the individual images and also increase just the text to read easier.

This technology is likely to be sized out to other countries that possess a 3G phone network.

Wondered what other people thought of this, I saw a 30 minute presentation and had a look at the album on the phone. Whilst it was an interesting idea I personally doubted that it would catch on as I don't think i'd ever be so desperate to read a Tintin album that I'd pay to down load it. However apparently various comics in Japan have already been given this treatment and sales have been good, hence they tried tintin (the first non-Japanese comic).

My only other worry is in the future mobiles being used to distribute rare editions instead of print to save on costs, and to promote certain networks.

Let us know if you have any thoughts on this

Rik
knos
#2 · Posted: 25 Jul 2005 21:53
I think it can be fun for a few minutes to read a Tintin album on your cell phone but you've got to have a pretty big screen to get something out of it.

I may be conservative but my opinion is that you have to read Tintin on paper.
Danagasta
#3 · Posted: 26 Jul 2005 01:32
It depends on the display and type that they'd use though...I bet it would be frame by frame, and that would actually be kind of neat, just scroll and voila!

Courtney
Karaboudjan
#4 · Posted: 16 Aug 2005 21:28
No, I'd definitely wait till I was home and could peruse my albums at leisure!
Charles
#5 · Posted: 25 Aug 2005 08:24
What about getting the Belvision theme song as a ringtone??? I'd pay a few bucks....

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!