Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Anchor Bay: New Tintin Movie DVD box set (Nov 2005)

Page  Page 3 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

jockosjungle
#21 · Posted: 22 Aug 2005 21:30
Anyone heard anything about these being released in the rest of Europe? Seems slightly odd that we would get movies unavailable in France, hence why my money was on the live action films

Rik
Muller
#22 · Posted: 26 Aug 2005 22:59
Is it 100% that the info on play.com is correct? Why hasn't anchor bay given us any info?

And on Play.com it says they'll release the box set November the twenty second, but on anchor bay it's November the fifteenth. Why not the same dates?

--
[Edited by Moderator. Combined 2 consecutive posts.]
jock123
#23 · Posted: 14 Sep 2005 15:39
Muller
on Play.com it says they'll release the box set November the twenty second, but on anchor bay it's November the fifteenth. Why not the same dates?

It may be that Anchor Bay will release it on one date, and that for some reason - perhaps payments being due - Play will not have them until the following week.

Maybe Anchor Bay have altered the dates themselves.

Also Play.com, for tax purposes, is situated in Jersey, which means that it does not have to charge VAT; there may be a delay working the shipment from wherever to Jersey, or they may have to source them from an intermediary.

I don’t know, I’m only guessing…
Pilote
#24 · Posted: 6 Oct 2005 15:22
didn't know that an English dubbing had been done of Tintin and the Blue Oranges, has it ever been broadcast ?

Hello Richard (and everyone else here),
I am new. With the Tintin live action films, they have both been played in Australia.

Along time ago, Channel 10 in Sydney played "The Blue Lotus" in it's dubbed format, and SBS (which is a multicultural tv station) played "The Golden Fleece" subtitled.

I would be interested to know whether these two channels still hold broadcasting rights to these films...

--
Tintinrulz replied:
Posted: Oct 6, 2005 18:06:41
I've never seen them on Australian TV. And it's not 'The Blue Lotus', but Tintin and the Blue Oranges. The Blue Lotus is one of the albums by Herge.

beinke replied:
Posted: Oct 7, 2005 02:55:22
What year were they shown in Australia?

--
Moderator note:
The English subtitled version of Golden Fleece has indeed been shown on SBS Australia--several times in the last twenty years; but I have no recollection of ever seeing the Blue Oranges film on TV here in Australia.
We are straying from the topic here--please post in the "Screenings of Tintin films" thread if you have further comments to make about the screening of live action Tintin films. Thanks. -marsbar
Pilote
#25 · Posted: 10 Oct 2005 11:49
Oops, I meant to say "The Blue Oranges"...

UPDATE:
Posted: Oct 10, 2005 03:51:04
I believe "The Blue Oranges" was screened around the late 70's, early 80's. I remember one time it was shown really late at night, and i tried to stay awake with my older brother...we both fell asleep..:(

UPDATE 2:
Posted: Oct 10, 2005 03:54:07
I'm sorry Marsbar, i will repost and make fuller comments in the special section.. (going to the "Screenings of Tintin films" thread)

--
[Moderator note: No worries, Pilote! If possible, instead of replying to your own posts, try and use the 'edit' function to modify your post. Thanks! -marsbar]
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#26 · Posted: 12 Nov 2005 22:23
Just to let everyone know, according to Play.com, the release date for the box set has been changed to the 27th of March next year. :o(

The Anchor Bay page for the release still displays the release date as Monday, although it's not on their list of November the 14th releases. Considering that they haven't even released an image of the cover art yet, I'm not expecting a pre-Christmas release.
Harrock n roll
#27 · Posted: 25 Jan 2006 01:26
Richard said (in this thread)

Anchor Bay haven't got anything on their site about it, they've only just added the titles for the boxed-set of films

It's still a bit early but I wonder if they're really going to use “Mystery of Shark Lake” and “Prisoner of the Sun” as titles. I think some old video and DVD editions used “Mystery of Shark Lake”. I might be wrong but I'm sure the correct title is used in the film. “Prisoner" is hopefully just a typo.

I know many don't count Tintin and the Lake of Sharks as canon but I think it would be better if they did use the 'proper' title. Either way I just hope that Anchor Bay are putting some serious care and attention into it !
Richard
UK Correspondent
#28 · Posted: 25 Jan 2006 01:42
Harrock n roll
I wonder if they're really going to use “Mystery of Shark Lake”

Did the Australian R4 release not use this title? As far as I can remember the correct title is used on screen, at least in the UK video releases.

I find it surprising to say the least that these films are being released in the UK before France and Belgium - Lake of Sharks notwithstanding, the other two have never seen a DVD release and I don't think they're even available on video anymore.
Harrock n roll
#29 · Posted: 25 Jan 2006 02:45
Did the Australian R4 release not use this title?

Yes, from trawling around the 'net I've found the Australian release was actually called “The Mystery At Shark Lake” (see the cover here).

Out of interest, the cover to the older video release (with correct title) can be seen here

I find it surprising to say the least that these films are being released in the UK before France and Belgium

I think we just have to count ourselves very, very lucky... ;)
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#30 · Posted: 25 Jan 2006 08:37
Did the Australian R4 release not use this title? As far as I can remember the correct title is used on screen, at least in the UK video releases.

The Australian version used the French title on screen - it looked as if the title sequence was taken from the French DVDs.

Page  Page 3 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!