Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Belvision vs Ellipse

varun0883
#1 · Posted: 29 Aug 2005 14:04
Yesterday I saw Prisoner and The Seven Crystal Balls combined movie on Cartoon Network.
I doubt the copyrights are entirely of the publisher, because when compared to Ellipse-Nelvana the voices, the scenes etc., are not a complete extract of Tintin comics and hence was quite difficult to understand the movie.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 29 Aug 2005 20:09
varun0883
I doubt the copyrights are entirely of the publisher

I don’t quite follow what you mean, but if you are suggesting that the Belvision cartoons were made un-officially, then I am afraid you are mistaken - they are completely genuine. However, they do stray from the plots of the books more than the Nelvana versions did, so they are perhaps not quite as satifying in that respect.
snafu
#3 · Posted: 30 Aug 2005 16:09
they are perhaps not quite as satifying in that respect.
~jock123

I actually fit into the category of people described by Jock123. I saw Belvision's (the only possible producer of what I saw) version of "The Black Island" and found it frequently deviating from the book. That practically turned me away from Tintin cartoons until I heard about Ellipse-Nelvana from the following thread:

https://www.tintinologist.org/forums/index.php?action=vthread&forum=2&topic=824

It looks good, and I hope to see it soon. There are more threads that discuss Belvision and Ellipse-Nelvana (can't count them all), but the above link is the only one I know of that has comparisons with pictures. Do you find that thread informative?

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!