Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

You know you're a Tintin fan when...

Page  Page 4 of 38:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  35  36  37  38  Next » 

mkpdluv
#31 · Posted: 24 Aug 2005 19:05
You know you're a Tintin fan when: you go on the internet and put holds on Tintin books from all over the state (that is, if you don't already have them all ^_^), and when you go to pick them up, you realise that you're getting strange looks from the librarian checking them out, since all ten books that you're allowed to take out at a time are indeed Tintin related. But really, you don't care! You gladly hold your head high and say to her/him "I'm a Tintin fan."

Been There, Done That!! - You get esp. weird looks here in the States where TinTin is not so well known!
mkpdluv
#32 · Posted: 24 Aug 2005 19:10
You want to decorate your baby's room with all Tintin stuff in the hopes he will grow up to be as obsessed with Tintin as you are!
thmthm
#33 · Posted: 25 Aug 2005 02:21
you know you're a tintin fan when:

...despite having all the tintin albums and just about every other tintin related book under the sun: you repeatedly check the tiny (if any) tintin section at your local bookstore to see if you somehow...after aaaaaall these years... overlooked and missed a tintin album...

- refuse to buy tintin archives #2

- you go to Vegas...and while rolling the die...you yell..."Cmon! Baby needs a new Herge Chronologie #5!"
JuvenileTintinFan
#34 · Posted: 25 Aug 2005 11:16
When you enter a famous foreign bookshop for the first time and the first thing you do is rush off to the kid's section in hope of salvaging yet another Tintin book
jockosjungle
#35 · Posted: 25 Aug 2005 19:59
You go straight to the Tintin section in any bookshop, purely to scorn at their lacklustre stock

Rik
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#36 · Posted: 25 Aug 2005 21:02
You spend a few minutes each day just inspecting your collection ... then pick out a book you've already read at least a thousand times and read it again.

You go straight to the Tintin section in any bookshop, purely to scorn at their lacklustre stock

As a matter of fact I do that almost weekly at my local Waterstone's ;o).
acerbix
#37 · Posted: 26 Aug 2005 07:13
#1: Your passwords are a combination of tintin characters and print dates
#2: Your code doesn't have foo_bars: just blis_bars(this one only for geeks)
#3: You buy region 2 Tintin DVDs from Amazon UK:
- You live inthe US, and your DVD player doesn't play region 2
- You buy an Xbox, and spend a lot of time and money on it
- You finally get to watch the DVDs
- Then realize you could have watched the DVDs on any Linux box
#4: Somehow you manage to tie computers and Tintin into whatever you do (Double damned: a shameless geek and a shameless tintinophile)
#5: You get married to another tintinophile
#6: You make a two year old watch Tintin videos:
- and gloat when he wants Tintin rather than Barney/Caillou/Wiggles/whatever

Cheers
thmthm
#38 · Posted: 27 Aug 2005 00:54
thats brutal acerbix...

I can relate to #6...not specifically for tintin but for making my 6-8 yr old siblings watch early footage of Genesis concerts with Peter Gabriel dressed in the most ridicolous costumes...(I think I have permanantely damaged them) I cringe...forgive me

oh by the way - THMTHM - tintin, Haddock, Milou...
theone
#39 · Posted: 27 Aug 2005 02:55
You have all the large size copies of the books, but you check out the 3 in one volumes from the library anyways because you want to see what it's like reading a smaller version.

You take your Tintin books and explain them to your child even though they are too young to understand a word your saying. (I've done this!)

You get your children to say the words "Tintin" and "Snowy" (I've done this too! But she won't say "Captain Haddock..)
wench
#40 · Posted: 1 Sep 2005 10:21
You are given free choice what to do for a physics research project, and choose to investigate whether professor calculus's moon rocket would ever have reached the moon, and how it would have worked.

And you have one of the old style tintin watches, and despite the fact that you've managed to rip through three of the holes so it barely stays on your hand, you wear it anyway, don't get it repaired because of the tintin-ness it will lose, and repeatedly make a point of showing your friends you have a tintin watch.

Whenever you go and visit your sisters, they always take tintin books out of the library (just in case you travelled without your own private stock), and show you they have the minute you walk through the door.

Page  Page 4 of 38:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  35  36  37  38  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!