Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Learning French - advice please?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Danagasta
#11 · Posted: 22 Jun 2005 15:51
Siyo!
You could do it the way I learned on my own---get a load of the Teach Yourself books and things similar to that. They're much cheaper than most language items, and frankly, they're better.
When I lived in Tennessee, there was a large used-book store not too far from me. If you can, search out something similar to that. You can find a lot of language items there too!
Courtney
wench
#12 · Posted: 1 Sep 2005 13:59
Revision guides are a good plan, but the best way to learn a language is to go to a country that speaks that language, to an un-touristy part, and make yourself learn.
Or you can pick up a lot by reading Tintin books in pairs - the same book in French and English, and at the same time (not literally).
Good luck!
rue du labrador
#13 · Posted: 13 Dec 2005 22:37
Go on an exchange, read Tintin in French and look up words you don’t understand.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!