Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

King Ottokar's Sceptre: meaning of "Slazek"...?

colombani
#1 · Posted: 12 Sep 2005 20:04
Has anyone any idea what the dish 'Slazek' is in King Ottokar's Sceptre, as well the appetising glass of 'Spradj' that was served with it?
I suppose that the waiter was only out to shock Tintin by saying that 'Slazek' is prepared from the hind leg of a young dog. Correct me if I am wrong.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 12 Sep 2005 20:23
You won't find the recipe in any standard book, I'm afraid; however, Mark Rosenfelder's comprehensive Syldavian page does give a good going over of the language, which might be helpful.
colombani
#3 · Posted: 12 Sep 2005 20:37
Thanks, jock123. Wow; what a fantastic page! The man is a true linguist. The Syldavian language is yet another testiment to the genius of Hergé.
orange2009
#4 · Posted: 1 Feb 2011 15:27
A very late comment but in Tintin and the Lake of Sharks, Professor Calculus offers Slazek to his guests, including Tintin and others.
It's seen being served by Madame Flick and looks like a rice preparation.
BlackIsland
#5 · Posted: 22 Mar 2011 22:45
I thought it was lambs leg?
jcjlf
#6 · Posted: 28 Dec 2011 11:56
Or just Shaslick in Syldavian style?

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!